300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Duty Guns....

I was curious as to what guns are on the approved list for on-duty guns and off duty guns.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post
    I was curious as to what guns are on the approved list for on-duty guns and off duty guns.

Thanks.

ON DUTY
    S&W 5946
    Glock 19
    Sigarms P226 DAO

OF DUTY
    Glock 26
    S&W 3914
    Sigarms P239
    S&W 3953 TSW
    S&W 640 .38

The Kahr K9 is no longer authorized although there are around 7,000 in the field
    Last edited by ColtM4; 05-26-2007, 07:55 AM.

Comment

the kahr was approved for off duty but that was replaced by the sig.
      Last edited by boylondon168; 05-26-2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I'm (hopefully) about to go into the academy, and this might sound like a dumb question. Are we allowed to practice with these guns (at the range of course) before we decide to use one of them for ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Exit24 View Post
          I'm (hopefully) about to go into the academy, and this might sound like a dumb question. Are we allowed to practice with these guns (at the range of course) before we decide to use one of them for ourselves.
          No. You get an opportunity to handle each duty gun for aminute at the academy. Then you have to decide which one you want.

If your a male and have a decent grip get the glock. If not get the S&W but dont get the Sig ( terrible DAO pull )

Comment

Oh, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking the glock too.

Comment

Originally posted by ColtM4 View Post
              No. You get an opportunity to handle each duty gun for aminute at the academy. Then you have to decide which one you want.

If your a male and have a decent grip get the glock. If not get the S&W but dont get the Sig ( terrible DAO pull )
              So they do not allow the DAK trigger then?

Comment

yea the glock is pretty reliable and easy to use.. i personal think the S&W is a good classic gun... is it the .40 S&W and glock? or is it the 9mm? where in NY are you guys from

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. DAK is just starting to catch on with LE agencies though, so maybe it's still too new for NYPD. I would definitely take a Sig P226 DAK over the others. Too bad.

Comment

DAK triggers are excellent triggers. I hate traditional DAO triggers.

Comment

No all duty guns are Double Action Only except the Glock (safe action )

The DAK has been tested and is continuing testing in a different weight of pull.

All NYPD guns are 9mm DAO

Except for the revolvers which are .38spl. DAO

Comment

remember the glock 19 is a compact, so if you have big hands, it might not be the best fit for you. My hands are huge, so the curved back smith or the sig were my best option.

Comment

Haha

I don't work for the NYPD, I'm just saying this cuz its funny...

I have a S&W 500 MAG on my badge as an "off duty" weapon.

ahh, the one with the 6" barrel.
                          "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

What gun is really the best one to use? people keep saying that the Sig rust and the Glock jams alot. that can be trouble out there in the streets.

So my question is, even if you clean them will that still happen?

Just would be nice to know for the future.

Comment

Thyank you

Originally posted by POCHEDDAR
                              Cant say much about the Sig becasue I dont own one. As far as glock goes I have three of them. My glock 23 Ive had for a few years now and put Thousands of rounds through it, the other two a G26 and a G36 ive put a few hundred through each. I have NEVER had any kind of jam on any one of them. Im not saying they don't because im sure they do, but this is all based on my experience with them that Ive never had a problem.
                              ok thank you because I like the feel of the glock. I'm going to go with that one then.
                              Last edited by NYPD2008; 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM. Reason: I miss spelled a word

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10083 users online. 353 members and 9730 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X