Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does NYPD calculate their own GPA off of my transcript credit bank?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NYPD calculate their own GPA off of my transcript credit bank?

Hi all, I got all my school credits onto a transcript credit bank from Excelsior called One Transcript. Though, it doesn't have a gpa and was told NYPD calculates their own GPA and is aware. Anyone have an insight on this for moving into the process?

My official school gpa's are under 2.0 and from my understanding is that I would utilize this transcript which doesn't have any of my bad grades, instead, it has all of my passing grades which is above a 2.0 along with my FEMA credits.

Thanks.

Now you've made me curious. Does NYPD have minimum GPA requirements for any of its positions?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      Now you've made me curious. Does NYPD have minimum GPA requirements for any of its positions?
      I doubt it. I've never heard of such a thing and don't know why someone would worry about it. They're hiring people with criminal convictions so I doubt they'd care if someone had a low GPA.
      Last edited by HighwayBob; 04-04-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

PO
        Education: You must have earned 60 college credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA from an accredited institution or 2 years of active military service in the U.S. Armed Forces in order to be appointed to the title of Police Officer.

same as MTA Police
        Last edited by Theout; 04-01-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I would take one college class at excelsior college and pass the class with at least a C to get a GPA on the transcript. With one class the transcript will have an overall GPA. Their classes are 15 weeks long and you can even take something as simple as a CPR class for 3 credits. Find something easy or that you are good at and pass the class. If you are fluent in Spanish take a Spanish class from excelsior. Just a suggestion that will help solve your problem.
          Last edited by PuertoRican_COP; 04-01-2020, 03:10 PM.
          Exams Taken:
          NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
          NYPDPC Exam 2214
          APD5- Complete
          Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
          Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
          Mini Med - ?

Comment

Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
            I would take one college class at excelsior college and pass the class with at least a C to get a GPA on the transcript. With one class the transcript will have an overall GPA. Their classes are 15 weeks long and you can even take something as simple as a CPR class for 3 credits. Find something easy or that you are good at and pass the class. If you are fluent in Spanish take a Spanish class from excelsior. Just a suggestion that will help solve your problem.
            The One Transcript admin told me that NYPD does their own GPA calculation as they don't list it on the transcript. Just wondering if anyone has been through the credit bank process without having the GPA listed and how that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by f1r3 View Post

The One Transcript admin told me that NYPD does their own GPA calculation as they don't list it on the transcript. Just wondering if anyone has been through the credit bank process without having the GPA listed and how that worked.
              if you are using FEMA credits they have no letter grade credit value. its pass or fail. Your GPA from your prior college is below 2.0 if they calculate your GPA its going to be under a 2.0 gpa. Grade point average can only be calculated by actual letter grades A - F which give a numerical score. Being that your GPA was too low before I would advise you to take some college courses to raise your GPA or try at least one course so you can get a new GPA on your transcript . The requirement states 60 credits and a 2.0 or higher average.
              Exams Taken:
              NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
              NYPDPC Exam 2214
              APD5- Complete
              Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
              Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
              Mini Med - ?

Comment

Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post

if you are using FEMA credits they have no letter grade credit value. its pass or fail. Your GPA from your prior college is below 2.0 if they calculate your GPA its going to be under a 2.0 gpa. Grade point average can only be calculated by actual letter grades A - F which give a numerical score. Being that your GPA was too low before I would advise you to take some college courses to raise your GPA or try at least one course so you can get a new GPA on your transcript . The requirement states 60 credits and a 2.0 or higher average.
                On that note, I transferred all my college credits onto this one transcript including all passing grades along with the fema credits. They state that candidates never had an issue with this and is confident about this process. I guess I'll hold their word on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3941 users online. 194 members and 3747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X