Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigitalFrenchie
    replied
    Sad to say, everything in this old @$$ thread was correct at the time it was written. However, no one can dispute the bar has been raised. Looking back, WTF were they thinking...25k? Jesus. Most of the "cops gone bad" chit that has been popping over the news the last few years came from...you guessed it...the time when Applicant Processing was infamously called Applicant Harvesting. The 2005-2007 classes had quite a number of bad apples. I'd like to think that for the most part, those days are over.

Leave a comment:

• joseam53
    replied
    Man, this thread is 6 years old..

Leave a comment:

• Tony88
    replied
    Should be interesting

Leave a comment:

• Fish
    replied
    interesting stuff.

Leave a comment:

• NYSPGreg
    replied
    The point is SoFLaCop at LEAST deserves some form of respect especially coming from you since you haven't even stepped in the academy yet. Once you get sworn in and actually pass the academy and get to impact, and actually are on the job, you will understand what so fla cop's shield means and why u need to show him respect and why also you need to listen to him since he's been in the shoes already that you are about to wear.

Jay's attitude is one of the reasons why I wouldn't even consider the NYPD even if the pay was better. I wouldn't wanna work with ppl not even having basic understanding and respect for seasoned officers..

it's kind of like seeing these ppl wanting to join the military and looking at senior officers (leaf or bird on the lapels) and not even flinching... but once they get thru boot camp you best believe that they recognize and respect those insignias
    Last edited by NYSPGreg; 05-28-2007, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    Originally posted by So Fla Cop
    You don't have to explain anything here. If you are the exeption, good for you, everybody should have that same work ethic. Check back after you get OTJ and tell me I am wrong.
    Good luck.
    Wrong about what? I never questioned you to say you were wrong. You just have with a half assed assumption towards me. Anyway it doesn't matter because I see where this is going.

You're always right and I'm dead wrong. Whatever tomorrow is a new day.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    Everyone posting here should study So Fla Cop's avatar. If you can be half the hero she was, NYC will be the safest in the world.
    Amen....as it makes me roll my eyes and my stomach upset when he types out very frank/honest answers.....and folks doubt him.........

Leave a comment:

• JayMan2006
    replied
    for you guys that are on.. i was just reading an article online and just wanted to see if this is accurate.. it was saying that a rookie would have base pay of 32,700 and then next to it it had 24,900.. i took it as before and after taxes but wasnt sure.. just wondering if they really take 8,000 out of your check.. that just seems like alot.. i mean my gf's mother makes high 30's to low 40's and if my gf has it right they only take like 5 grand out of that.. so i would have thought it would have been less considering we are talking about a lower pay amount.. just wondering if that was true and if some current or past NYPD could share what their annual salary was before taxes and then after.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• bklynbob
    replied
    they will take anyone

60 credits and a pulse is all you need.the reason so many pp'os are fat is they need to carry a little xtra weight because they only can afford to eat 1 meal a day!

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Everyone posting here should study So Fla Cop's avatar. If you can be half the hero she was, NYC will be the safest in the world.

Leave a comment:

• GrayPatriot
    replied
    Originally posted by JayMan2006 View Post
    how fast do you guys have to run to pass? here in NJ i believe you have to be able to do 1.5 miles in like 12:58 or something like that...
    NYSP is 10:47 for the 1.5 mile run. The avg run time for my class was right around 9:30 and even most of our female recruits ran faster than 10:47; in fact, I believe all but one did and she was 33...

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    What the hell are you guys talking about? I already work weekends and Holidays as it is now so that wouldn't be a problem for me. The reason I'm postponing my July class for Jan is because I don't want to do the new years detail I'd rather do it the following year. I know senority rules so whats with all the assumptions about entitlement?

I'm not entitled to anything and yes I am very qualified, get a grip So Fla cop and kill the assumptions.

Leave a comment:

• CO1259
    replied
    Originally posted by Jayc6018 View Post
    Really? That sucks
    I sincerely hope you're kidding. Get used to working weekends/holidays/days you think are important to you. Senority rules in this line of work. If you can't handle giving up holidays now, please don't bother. I'm absolutely positive that your Sgt and LT do NOT want to hear it.

And for the original question:

"Its' not brain surgery" - MY father, a retired LT.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe61
    replied
    If I were to start my process in Nov. or Dec of this year would I be able to make it in for the July 08'class?

Leave a comment:

• Exit24
    replied
    What’s the fist day of the academy like? I heard it's at Brooklyn College. I know we need a new money order everyday but is there a way to find out before I go what I need? The first day I need a $9.00 money order to swear in, but I before you leave the first day they make you get another one for the second day.. and so on. How long is the first day? If it's past like 4 or 5 o'clock how am I supposed to get a money order for the next day if the post offices are closed?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5466 users online. 324 members and 5142 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X