300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFTA Police

I was cruising around the Buffalo area the other night when I see a black and while pull up next to me at the stop light. Turns out it's the NFTA Police. NFTA is the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority-they run all the buses and subways in the Buffalo area. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what they do or any information about them at all. Thanks.

EDIT: I found this site.... http://nfta.com/police/careerinfo.html but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Also, any ideas what a starting salary for them may be?
    Last edited by OTVFD18; 05-21-2007, 09:37 PM.

The NFTA is not civil service. They are a full sworn police department who sends guys through the academy, and also takes certified police as transfers. I have a couple of friends who work for them, and from what they say, the starting pay is $18.00 an hour, but then it goes up as the steps inrease.

Comment

Originally posted by sheriff2004 View Post
      The NFTA is not civil service. They are a full sworn police department who sends guys through the academy, and also takes certified police as transfers. I have a couple of friends who work for them, and from what they say, the starting pay is $18.00 an hour, but then it goes up as the steps inrease.

Thanks for the info. It is definitely something I would like to look into.

Comment

• The NFTA's TAPD (Transit Authority Police Dept.) does start at $18.92 an hour and goes up to $21.11 after the first 6 months. It goes up every year untill you max at $25.00 per hour.
        • They do NOT except lateral transfers, you must be on the list to get hired.
        • The list is civil service, but not "competitive civil service" so that means they can hire anyone as long as they pass the exam.
        • The NFTA is responsible for the port of Buffalo, small boat harbor, NFTA Buses, the subway, down town bus terminal, Niagara Falls bus terminal, the Buffalo/Niagara International Air Port, and the Niagara Falls Air Port.
        • The TAPD also has Tri-County Jurisdiction (apparently) Erie, Niagara, and Cat County.
        • And all 90 Officers are fully sworn NYS Police Officers. (and DO enforce the V&T...)
        • The TAPD (aka the burger king cops) was formed in 1984.

Oh and p.s. The cars and dark blue and white...
        Last edited by aikido kid; 05-24-2007, 04:39 PM.
        "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 358 members and 5899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X