Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAPD Officer Exam 2020 (March 16 - April 5th 2020)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ukrandriy89 for non military members the same rules applied. Yes if you served active duty, up to 6 years can be subtracted from your age, depending if one served that long. If your 35 already no waivers will be given due to COVID. Unless PAPD decides to changed their minds, expect anyone who's 34 and would not reach the Academy before 35 graduated will find themselves ineligible.

Comment

Originally posted by KetelOne View Post
      They canceled the class next year, no more classes until 2022 possibly 2023, good luck.
      Oh man, that's unfortunate... I was hoping maybe by the end of next year, it is what it is I guess.

Comment

• Reigns167
        Reigns167 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully they’ll select from the lottery and start the process for getting the recruits for the 120th class early next year

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be perfect imo, hopefully they get the process rolling next year.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/11/afte...-projects.html

"Representing a $1.3 billion reduction from the $8.6 billion 2020 budget, the sobering spending plan stops funding on any project not already under construction. It also slashes 626 jobs through early retirements, attrition and voluntary buyouts, reduces overtime by 15% and continues a hiring freeze."

This article was published today, close to 6:30 p.m. I have yet to get an email regarding any updates from Port Authority either, in case anyone asks.

Comment

I have a buddy who is PAPD...no classes until 2023. He isn't even being offered OT. See you guys in 3 years LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PA_116 View Post
          I have a buddy who is PAPD...no classes until 2023. He isn't even being offered OT. See you guys in 3 years LOL
          Welp, I guess I see you guys in this thread in 2023...

Comment

Did they still have signup for this ? I signed up a year ago and haven’t heard anything. Is there a number I can call for more information?

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing we can do, Covid stopped the process they haven’t even started the lottery to take the test yet.

• columbia09
              columbia09 commented
              Editing a comment
              I signed up in 2017 and never got picked to take the test. I remember answering a survey if I was interested in being reconsidered to take the test but I never heard anything after that and this was like 2 years ago. I never got a notice saying that they were signing people up for another test. Is there a way I can sign up for this one ?

Curious if it’s going to be the same lottery pick or new sign ups all together

Comment

Deleted wrong quote

Comment

Originally posted by ukrandriy89 View Post
                Curious if it’s going to be the same lottery pick or new sign ups all together
                Did you sign up in 2017 to?

Comment

• ukrandriy89
                  ukrandriy89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir, signed up as soon as the application went live. Hope this exam comes sooner because in 2023, I’ll be 34

• columbia09
                  columbia09 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that selection even relevant anymore ?

Kinda upsetting that NYPD has begun hiring and PAPD is lagging

Comment

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Contreras they don’t even need anybody right now. No overtime and there’s excess everywhere. Rumor is 2023 is next class. My guess maybe 2022, depends on the pandemic situation really.

• ukrandriy89
                  ukrandriy89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope pa changes there minds for the sooner.

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well the cut police budget for this year , doubt you’ll see any movement until January 2022 at the earliest

• Grady89
                  Grady89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Reigns you’re right. I’m on the job, excess everywhere and absolutely no overtime right now. Only thing in your favor is that our contract expires 2023 and if guys that are eligible to retire choose to stay, they loose out on their healthcare and downgrade to a way worse one. That will force a hell of a lot of guys out. I heard 400-500. Be patient, this job is worth it

Heard on the radio they want a new bus station soon.

Comment

Reigns you’re right. I’m on the job, excess everywhere and absolutely no overtime right now. Only thing in your favor is that our contract expires 2023 and if guys that are eligible to retire choose to stay, they loose out on their healthcare and downgrade to a way worse one. That will force a hell of a lot of guys out. I heard 400-500. Be patient, this job is worth it

Comment

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hoping for 2022 processing, fingers crossed.

Grady89 u think process open up in 2022?

Comment

Talk between Academy staff and guys on the job is 2022-23. They will have to put a least one class in before everyone starts retiring otherwise we will be doing 16’s everyday. Any personal questions about the job, shoot me a DM. More than willing to help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3824 users online. 170 members and 3654 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X