Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAPD Officer Exam 2020 (March 16 - April 5th 2020)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t gotten anything either and from what I’ve heard they didn’t say or change anything about the lottery on April 6th so idk what’s going on .

Comment

• darthbane
      darthbane commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s going on? It’s called the corona virus lol. Trust me this test is the last thing on there minds rn

Every step is delayed as previously stated except the "random" lottery that was held 4/6/20. I did not receive any emails from PAPD. If you don't get selected this lottery, do you have to pay $20 for every lottery selection? Or will you just be added to the next? First time I applied in 2013, I passed the test and was the last lottery and called 4 years later.

Comment

• Kamil369
      Kamil369 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everytime they post a new test you’ll have to pay the admission fee
      Last edited by Kamil369; 04-09-2020, 10:52 PM.

Does anyone know what the academy schedule normally is? Nights, days and time

Comment

• darthbane
      darthbane commented
      Editing a comment
      Days and a lot of Saturday’s. 545-2

Did anyone receive anything?

Comment

No one received anything . And it might be a while till they do the lottery. Last time - if you were not selected - you received “not selected “ letter at the same time as people received positive selection letters.

i would assume maybe after April 30... maybe in May ?
      anyway stay safe out there

Comment

Cop at the command i work at said may probably. No guarantees though

Comment

Right now I just hope to hear back I know this is just the first step but still $20 bucks $40 bucks don't matter this is a career I want.

Comment

• darthbane
            darthbane commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s the right attitude! 20 bucks isn’t anything for a job like this. If people wanna cry about a refund for 20 bucks up this ain’t cut out for them. People are entitled even when there’s a pandemic. But wish you the best of luck, any questions you can pm me

Originally posted by Tommy_V
          We all paid $20 to be part of a lotto that never happened. I could have bought a real lotto ticket and a pack of cigs with that money. I could be chillin with a fly shorty rn but instead I am out $20.
          Quoting for when he deletes his posts

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Annnd he did lmao

• darthbane
            darthbane commented
            Editing a comment
            Such a loser. He wouldn’t last a month

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Mind you it’s only $20....

• TheGreatBambino
            TheGreatBambino commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha! He has great grammar!

20 bucks for a career that will set you for life is nothing, I can wait as long as it is needed, I’m not worried because I know is postponed for our own safety.

Comment

Best job in the world. I just got on from the last class. Worth everything. The ones complaining about $20 are nuts! The whole country is shut down. Academies that were already in are on hold. Just ride it out as much as it sucks. We didn’t have a graduation cuz of the virus so lol. It is what it is. Good luck to all of you stay positive.

Comment

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen. We only got one edp(mental health for anyone that’s offended lol) whose probably no longer here

If they can’t accept a process being delayed during a pandemic and not actually losing $20 WHOLE dollars, they definitely won’t be able to accept when their dignity is destroyed in the academy for absolutely no reason! My advice to you train now( there isn’t much else you can do anyway) run, lots of calisthenics and a 40-50lb bag over your head for a good amount of time.

Comment

• darthbane
              darthbane commented
              Editing a comment
              Reverse leapfrogs

I don’t mind waiting, I just hope I get picked this time I’ve been applying since 2015

Comment

• K#911
              K#911 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s the right attitude. The whole process is a waiting game between each phase. That’s normal. This is just prolonged because of the virus

Checking back in guys............Just noticed this while randomly checking my PAPD portal......looks like we should be getting the ball rolling next week or following the 1st?? Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.09.38 AM.png
            Attached Files

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              It's heavily dependent upon the location.

Originally posted by K#911 View Post
            If they can’t accept a process being delayed during a pandemic and not actually losing $20 WHOLE dollars, they definitely won’t be able to accept when their dignity is destroyed in the academy for absolutely no reason! My advice to you train now( there isn’t much else you can do anyway) run, lots of calisthenics and a 40-50lb bag over your head for a good amount of time.
            Yep I’m doing all kind of exercises since I don’t have nothing to do I improved my pushups from 10 to 32 hoping I can be able to do at least 40 in a couple days

Comment

• K#911
              K#911 commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep it up! During the academy theres 3 physicals and the more pushups sit-ups you do and the faster you do the 1.5 and 300m sprint it counts towards your final grade.

For those who don't check their email daily,

Dear 2020 PAPD Police Officer Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Port Authority Police Department.

We are in receipt of your application for the position of Police Officer. The progression of the COVID-19 pandemic since the launch of the 2020 PAPD Police Officer application process has necessitated reassessment of our original timeline for evaluation. While our original timeline called for a random selection to take place on April 6th, this has not yet happened as we have delayed the selection process under current and projected conditions. All valid applicants will be notified of their status (i.e., randomly selected or not randomly selected) once a random selection has been made.

Comment

• JamesN3
              JamesN3 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just checked my email and saw this I won't lie at first I was finally is this the email but no got my hopes up a little but still happy they sent something out to update us.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4911 users online. 269 members and 4642 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X