Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAPD Officer Exam 2020 (March 16 - April 5th 2020)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled for physical,

Comment

• Jason3939
      Jason3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      When is your physical?

• Any word on PAPD with the vaccine being mandated ? Has the PBA union make a statement in regards ?
    NYPD Exam #4328

List number: 3**
    APD: 5/20/16
    Medical: 10/18/16
    Psych: 11/1/16
    BI:
    JST:
    Mini-Med:

Comment

• Anyone know the actual salary increase yearly. I have 5 years on the job and I’m contemplating if this move over to Papd will be lucrative.
    NYPD Exam #4328

List number: 3**
    APD: 5/20/16
    Medical: 10/18/16
    Psych: 11/1/16
    BI:
    JST:
    Mini-Med:

Comment

• Reigns167
      Reigns167 commented
      Editing a comment
      You’d be crazy not to change departments. A lot of people with over 5 years have made the jump and not look back . Salary scale is different for each class since the last contract idk what the 120 would be at but it’s around 10k per year, some years in the middle it’s less. 5 years around 90k then when you hit top step year 10 it’s 124k

• Reigns167 Have you heard any mentionings of Class 121 starting any time soon?

Comment

• anfirsts
      anfirsts commented
      Editing a comment
      Class 121 July 2022

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

• Reigns167
      Reigns167 commented
      Editing a comment
      The 120 class is July 2022. My guess for the 121 is Jan/Feb 2023. Wouldn’t count on hearing anything about the 121 recruitment process until they are done with the 120 recruitment . Probably next spring they’ll start

• Just incase someone looking for salary chart
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Reigns167
      Reigns167 commented
      Editing a comment
      The chart is correct , just wanted to note that it says in academy you’ll be working 6-2 which is primarily correct. There was a number of instances where it will be 7-3 and when you start field training and mini field training there will be squads working 2-10 and 3-11. So figure at least 8 weeks you’ll be working the afternoon tour

• Reigns167
      Reigns167 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention the 6-8
      Saturdays you’ll be working and the 4-7 hour holds for other various things

• vinny13
      vinny13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info brother.

• Sorry to mix up chat topics, are they still giving out test? I never got a i was selected or not to take the exam.. :/. Anyone in same boat? Last i got was a survey to see if i was still interested in taking the exam months back.
    Last edited by 3309; 09-04-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• barddy
      barddy commented
      Editing a comment
      same boat as you

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Class 120, the one that's going on right now, is filled. Strange that you guys didn't receive any emails. If you can, try and search your inboxes around July 23rd. That's when several of us received emails on our status.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not receive an email either I had to contact them to know my status they said I was not selected.

• Wait so For the ones who weren’t selected, they have a chance for the 121 class?

Comment

• Sarudo
      Sarudo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully.

• Sarudo, hopefully we still have a shot!

Comment

• If you didn’t get selected for the most recent exam I would not sweat it. I heard they will be putting in back to back to back classes.. plenty of opportunities in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady89 View Post
        If you didn’t get selected for the most recent exam I would not sweat it. I heard they will be putting in back to back to back classes.. plenty of opportunities in the future
        Nice, glad to see we still have a chance, I never received an official email saying I was out of the process so there’s hope.

Comment

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          The way they did it in 2017 and 2018 was they used the list established in 2017 for the 2018 academy. I remember getting an email about it, before I wasn't selected by the lottery. Here's hoping I get selected this time.

• Sarudo, so you basically had two chances ? Like once the 2017 officers were processed, they emailed you for a second lottery in 2018?

Comment

• Sarudo
          Sarudo commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I applied in 2017 and wasn't selected. Then in 2018, they began a new class and were using the names from the 2017 list that weren't selected for the 2017 process. I was automatically entered into a new lottery, which I wasn't selected for either. I just took it as a means to double-down and finish my degree.

• Sarudo, that’s great news to hear then!! At least we have another shot at getting selected for the second lottery. Maybe this is our time now.

Comment

• PAPD is announcing a new info section in New Jersey for next week does this means a new exam is coming soon? I’m hoping it is for us who didn’t make it this round fingers crossed here the link; https://twitter.com/PAPD911/status/1...002256901?s=20

Comment

• I did get an email saying that I was not selected if there is a second wave of selection would I have a chance or I have to reapply for the next time?

Comment

• So according to their site the next application is for January 31st!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4305 users online. 258 members and 4047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X