Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chance of joining NYPD after being Arrested, but charges dropped.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    TheGreatBambino I’m going to be part of the nypd cadets it is bad that way too? To be honest just want to be in to have a job while in college to pay for my books and transportation

• TheGreatBambino
    commented on 's reply
    LOL I do. You should be fine then. Don't know why he chimed in.

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    DOCCS is a state agency.

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Wrong. But just in case, I forwarded this link to them. You’re welcome.

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

I think it’s time to ghost these forums then because that sounds like a threat to me.

Bye everybody!!!!
    Thank God.

Leave a comment:

• jordanknight175
    commented on 's reply
    I think you are getting me confused with the other guy. I didn't have any domestic violence incidents or traffic tickets ever in my life.

• BP3
    replied

I think it’s time to ghost these forums then because that sounds like a threat to me.

Bye everybody!!!!
    Not a threat at all. You doubted your agency investigated things like this, I was verifying to you that they do.

I don’t work for DOC, I could care less what you post. I simply explained to you that cops get in trouble for what they write online.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Deleted....
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BP3
    replied

Yes, DOCCS
    If you are NYCDOC (don’t confirm or deny), but you definitely do have a division dedicated to these investigations.

How do I know? I know which building they are headquartered in.
    Last edited by BP3; 01-25-2020, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BP3
    replied

All that talk and you dont post a single example.
    Would not let me post 7 examples so let me try 3

Specific Example: officer fired for criticizing department online

http://nmpoliticalreport.com/2015/09...of-credential/

Specific Example: federal agent disciplined/fired for scrutinizing agency in secret Facebook group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocr...red-again/amp/

Specific Example: officer fired/disciplined for criticism of chief and budget

https://blog.ericgoldman.org/archive...greenville.htm

Let me know if you need more examples of this as it only took me a few minutes of searching to find a handful of these.

Bottom line: departments big and small, local, state, and federal have the ability to discipline an officer for Facebook posts made online that are critical of their department, their policies, and their fellow employees.

And yes, departments investigate these forums.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Deleted....
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_V
    replied
    Deleted....
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NCG128
    replied
    Originally posted by jordanknight175 View Post
    Good morning,

I was active duty military, and I legally purchased an assault rifle in the state in which I was stationed. I received an honorable discharge, and moved back home to Connecticut. I was arrested and charged with 5 felonies: Illegal possession of an assault rifle and having 4 high capacity magazines. The prosecutor and judge decided to drop the charges, because it was an honest mistake, and ignorance of gun laws, and it was not anything felonious or malicious. I am just wondering if anyone can tell me, my chances of being hired by NYPD or NYS Courts? And yes, I know that I was wrong for not knowing the gun laws, and take full responsibilities for my actions, no if's, and's or but's about it.
    Look go through the motions of the process just be prepared to justify the charges. The oral psych is what gets people. Just be cool calm and collected and most importantly just answer the question/questions DO NOT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION. Just relax there are thousands of agencies out there. Don’t just settle for the NYPD.

Leave a comment:

• Fuerza
    commented on 's reply
    My agency disciplines officers for anonymous and unsubstantiated complaints. I can only imagine what they'd do if one of us actually did something wrong.

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Incidents are pretty regularly reported by the news.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5715 users online. 280 members and 5435 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X