Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word is they are trying to get The next class to start July 1, a Wednesday and they want to hire 1200 people. Still not official as the budget has to get approved first. If all goes to plan, expect hire email June 17.

Comment

Has anyone else who would’ve been in April heard anything further or done anything? I just repeated my mini med, they didn’t tell us anything.

Comment

• ColdCoffee
        ColdCoffee commented
        Editing a comment
        They are looking to have 1163 hires for the July class, however this is depending on if the nypd gets the budget it requires for this, So far the majority of city council members oppose having an academy class for the rest of the year in order to allocate those funds to other stuff, but in the end its all up to the mayor I think
        So a July academy is still expected. unless this covid crisis gets worse.

I know that De Blasio announced budget cuts for the NYPD yesterday, but there people are retiring left and right in the city. Is there a chance of July academy still happening?

Comment

• Tata204
        Tata204 commented
        Editing a comment
        No one knows

• Miller123
        Miller123 commented
        Editing a comment
        As per APD said today on the forum:
        “ July 1st class is funded by the budget that is being reconsidered/adjusted by the Mayor and City Council. Much of this transpired within the last 24 hours so everyone is waiting with baited breath to know the answer to that. The answer may not occur until the week of, Candidate Assessment is continuing as if there is a class on July 1st until we are told otherwise.

These are unprecedented times, yes there are 2 classes from 2000 eligible to retire. The City Council and the Mayor have the power to control the size of the police department. They may allow attrition to drop the headcount and not recount. There are no definitive answers.

We need to be certain that there is a hire prior to sending out emails for hire. And no, no class is ever a guarantee, as we even state in the hire emails that are sent. The fiscal year starts on July 1, 2020. “

Where does APD post on the forum??

Comment

Anything further as of yet for July?

Comment

• Miller123
        Miller123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet, hopefully we hear something soon

• Miller123
        Miller123 commented
        Editing a comment
        According to nypd live ig story today, July class is still on, and the hire emails are set to go out next week. So let’s see

I emailed my investigator for an update about the July class. He advised me that they are still unsure if there will be a class yet. Due to the recent situations, many officers were reassigned to protest duty or to help with the COVID-19 situation. He also explained that due to corona, the class which was supposed to start in two weeks is now suffering from a budget shortfall and it is still awaiting approval. Lastly, he explained that due to the shortfall a large class may not be possible, instead, classes of 200-300 people are more likely to go in at a time. The original amount was supposed to be nearly 1200 for this class, but due to the recent situations the class may not even occur and if it does it may get knocked down to just a fraction of the original size.

Comment

Originally posted by Kblazo1415 View Post
        I emailed my investigator for an update about the July class. He advised me that they are still unsure if there will be a class yet. Due to the recent situations, many officers were reassigned to protest duty or to help with the COVID-19 situation. He also explained that due to corona, the class which was supposed to start in two weeks is now suffering from a budget shortfall and it is still awaiting approval. Lastly, he explained that due to the shortfall a large class may not be possible, instead, classes of 200-300 people are more likely to go in at a time. The original amount was supposed to be nearly 1200 for this class, but due to the recent situations the class may not even occur and if it does it may get knocked down to just a fraction of the original size.
        Damn!!!! No mention on when the hire emails will go out if it gets approved?

Comment

Originally posted by Kblazo1415 View Post
          Rumors till true. My investigator told me very recently that it maybe just slightly less than 1200. However, that was his opinion. Most in CAD were detailed to the protests so they've hand their hands tied.

Comment

Originally posted by S13ChrisM View Post

Damn!!!! No mention on when the hire emails will go out if it gets approved?
            No, nothing was said about hire emails. Since they don’t know really if there will even be a class, they don’t have any definite dates for things like that I guess

Comment

You’d think with the uptick in shootings in the city..They’ll be quick to an agreement on budget cuts without sacrificing safety... Cutting Anti-Crime looks like an awful move less than a week from that decision... 8 days from July first And no signs is starting to get worrisome

Comment

The academy class is the least of their worries.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The city is going down the drain. Anyone who takes that job right now is nuts. They're all trying to get out - NYPD has a target on their back from all sides.

• CAnde
                  CAnde commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HighwayBob is right NYS and nyc are going to hit rock bottom 70/80’s real fast, every other state in this country is hiring and many are paying the same or better than NYPD, LEAVE HERE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Anyone hear anything today or all rumor?

Comment

• Tata204
                  Tata204 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As per Sgt brill on APD on forum:

“ Greetings - there have been no updates on whether there is or is not a a class. A determination has not been made. Although for the past few years we start notifications at least two weeks prior to the class, this is a different situation. If your parent or grandparents were on the job- they will tell you - they received a phone call two days before the class went in.
                  A situation similar can happen via email.

In terms of answering specific questions regarding statuses etc....yes staffing is low. Yes, investigators and supervisors are retiring or transferring to outside details.”

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm hearing from MY Applicant Investigations that the City is not putting in a class until July 2021.

Good afternoon, any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post
                  I'm hearing from MY Applicant Investigations that the City is not putting in a class until July 2021.
                  What does "MY Application Investigations" mean exactly? You're a recruit?

Comment

Originally posted by Pisky View Post

What does "MY Application Investigations" mean exactly? You're a recruit?
                    Meaning the applicant investigation division of the department he works for, which i believe is located in either nyc or nys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4967 users online. 351 members and 4616 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X