Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious to see how this Corona mess effects the April class....

Comment

• DThomasNYPD
      DThomasNYPD commented
      Editing a comment
      As of right now, it’s still a go. I spoke to CAD today. Really hoping it doesn’t postpone. Gotta get out of my current job.

April 2020 Postponed until further notice.

APD: “It was announced this morning that the April 2020 Police Officer Hire will be postponed until further notice. There is no additional information as to when this will be postpone until. We are working on different alternatives at the moment. The best advice we can give is to check your email periodically to see if there is any additional information.“

Comment

• Kblazo1415
      Kblazo1415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, where did you hear this, was it over the phone, email, or was it just online? That really sucks honestly. Just wanted to get started in a few weeks

• DThomasNYPD
      DThomasNYPD commented
      Editing a comment
      I called them, this is real dammit, I was sooooooo freaking close. I really can’t wait for this thing to blow over. I’m waiting for them to send an email , they said it’ll have more details. I bet it will just say “ until further notice. “

• jro17
      jro17 commented
      Editing a comment
      You read this somewhere or were told this via phone?

• DThomasNYPD
      DThomasNYPD commented
      Editing a comment
      I called them and they confirmed it

I wonder if they just gonna move us to the July class or sometime between late April-May

Comment

Classes are a dime a dozen in NYPD. I wouldn't worry about it too much. A few months either way doesn't mean much.

Comment

Rumor has it that the April class will be merged with the July class.

Comment

• DThomasNYPD
          DThomasNYPD commented
          Editing a comment
          Where’d you hear this ? Lol this would give me hope, something to look forward to

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          dthomas nothing is factual. Just rumors. A friend of mine is currently in the academy (January class) and the instructors told her that theres little chance of an april academy. Gun and shield day got pushed back for the January class. Plus, dont you see how packed the classes be when they hire a class? The government is urging social distancing. Definitely think there wont be an april academy.

• f1r3
          f1r3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't they cram academies at one point like 5 years ago? Could be very wrong though.

• Jm0418
          Jm0418 commented
          Editing a comment
          That came from an officer at the academy. They trying to work something out but that’s the best scenario.

I’m on new exam. Lots of family on the job, some who work at that building and thought it was real odd that called to do the psych testing today...

25 stuffed in a room and cop running it had a mask and gloves on, overheard cops on that unit are out sick. Was told they’d already filled the April class before they canceled it by BI and no new hire date.

wtf do they have people coming in the building when we aren’t even guaranteed a job and are threatening $250 fines for being outside for no reason? anyone?

Comment

• Miller123
          Miller123 commented
          Editing a comment
          You posted this on another forum as well. This means theirs most likely going to be a July class

Did they announced a new date for the April class start date? Today would been the start date.

Comment

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          No they havent yet

• NYPDpoQNS
          NYPDpoQNS commented
          Editing a comment
          Rumors are the plan for now is April class going to go in July
          Last edited by NYPDpoQNS; 04-07-2020, 01:05 AM.

CAD (Character Assessment Division) is taking this Covid-19 pandemic day by day. So far from what I heard when i went to my initial med from an officer there very recently is that the April class is canceled, and the next class will be in July and could potentially have 1000 people in the class.

However like I said they are taking it day by day depending on how hard this pandemic continues to hurt the department and New York City, so this could change at any moment so take it for a grain of salt.

Comment

• S13ChrisM
          S13ChrisM commented
          Editing a comment
          If that’s the case I wonder when they are gonna start the mini meds and jst’s since the people who was suppose to be in April now have to take it over.

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          @s13 I would guess starting in may, mini meds are usually given 2 months prior to the hire date.

• ColdCoffee
          ColdCoffee commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know, Mini med expires every 3 Months
          and JST expires every 6 Months.
          From here to July I would only have to re-do my Mini Med, unfortunately some people will have to re-do both.

So April class is still officially considered as “postponed” so things are still looking like they can release a new date at anytime so let’s pray.

Comment

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep still postponed, but shutdown was extended to april 29, so IF they do decide to go with a class, wont be this month.

• Miller123
          Miller123 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, they are using the word postponed for whatever reason. But it’s confirmed canceled. CAD or APD is not going to say canceled, they just gonna keep saying postponed. I wish it was just a later date, but it’s looking like July class. No April class.

• Jm0418
          Jm0418 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. As far as I know April and July will be combined and will start together in July. I wish it wasn’t the case and that the April case could at least go in may but that will throw off the hiring schedules down the road.

Hello everyone,
        I hope you all are staying safe during this crazy time. I was wondering, what list number do you guys think they will get up to next class? I am on list 8339 number 10xxx. I submitted my Cas-5 back in December but had to pause my process because I was not old enough. I have recently contacted them to unpause but haven’t heard back yet. If anyone has any information about where they are on the 8339 list that would be great. Thanks guys and stay safe.

Comment

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well everything changed my brother. Right now investigators are not processing since they all got thrown to the streets. If u are all cleared I would say u have a got shot since there are rumors next class going to be huge. But if u haven’t met ur investigator yet, get ready to wait.

Just got an email for jst. Email states it’s for July/oct class

Comment

• Tata204
          Tata204 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had you completed jst for april already?

• S13ChrisM
          S13ChrisM commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea last time I did it was in Late November

• DThomasNYPD
          DThomasNYPD commented
          Editing a comment
          At least the July class isn’t postponed

Curious to see if July gets pushed too...

Comment

What's going on guys.. I just want you guys to take this time that you have with your families and cherish them. Once you get on the job your life will change forver!!

Comment

So it’s confirmed that the April class is pushed to July now, via De Blasios new budget plan. Gives us some more time to prepare anyway if this is what’s happening

Comment

I got an email to retake the mini med for July now. The previous expired since there was no April class.

Comment

• DThomasNYPD
                DThomasNYPD commented
                Editing a comment
                I got this too

• S13ChrisM
                S13ChrisM commented
                Editing a comment
                Same. Let’s pray July gets thru

• jro17
                jro17 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here.

• ColdCoffee
                ColdCoffee commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately I wont get my email for that until around june

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4954 users online. 386 members and 4568 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X