300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Deputy Sheriff or NYS Court Officer

Hello all. Just a random question for anyone who has some experience or friends on with both departments, nyc sheriff or nys court officer. Which would you choose and why? The obvious answer is the first that calls, but given the opportunity to join one or the other, where do you spend your career? Thanks everyone. Happy new year!

NYS Courts underneath tier 6 has you retiring at 62 or 63 I forget whatever state retirement age. Be keenly aware of that. It's a fantastic job, decent pay, good benefits, great schedule and you work with great people but it's a pretty terrible retirement years of service wise.

Keep that in mind.
    New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I’m starting my law enforcement career later in life, so my retirement won’t be till my 60’s either way. I’m more concerned about the type of work, job satisfaction and quality of life. I believe nyc sheriff work 4 10 hour days with weekends and holidays off. But I don’t know much about either job except what I’ve read on the forums. Thanks again.

Comment

I dont know much about NYC Sherrif but the Courts is a great job overall. Weekends, holidays, no nights, decent pay with location specific pay downstate, benefits are good but if you're a younger guy it isnt the best years of service wise. If you're older or just getting your start, it's a good gig.
        New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          "No nights" is not correct. It depends on the court. Most NYC Criminal courts are open late.

• Ray23
          Ray23 commented
          Editing a comment
          True but overall, it isnt the same as a regular PD job which is how I meant it. I also know that not all commands do it the same way when it comes to assigning it.
          Last edited by Ray23; 01-06-2020, 08:03 PM.

Thanks for the responses. Hoping I can get some insight on the nyc sheriffs to compare to two.

Comment

Anyone have experience with both departments?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16172 users online. 426 members and 15746 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X