300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islip Airport security guard

Does anyone know much about this position? It's an armed peace officer job? Deciding whether to take this exam. I'm already an armed 24/7 peace officer with the state but I wanted to do more police related work. Are they similar to papd?

https://apps2.suffolkcountyny.gov/ci...e/5071ann.html

Comment

Why not just join a police / sheriff office?

Comment

I'm past the 35 year age limit.

Comment

I know about the test and read the announcement I just thought someone might have more interaction or first hand knowledge of this title. Thanks guys

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Well then why did you ask if it's an armed peace officer job? That information is right in the exam announcement.

If being a police officer is what you really want to do then go to another state that has no age limit - like nearby Connecticut. There are many states with no age limit.

Comment

Go to policeapp.com to apply to CT agencies

Comment

Islip Airport security officers are considered Peace Officers (but CPL states that their peace officer status is only on their grounds) and firearms are carried on Suffolk County Pistol License as they are not PL400 exempt. Also, if you want to do a police work, this job isn't going to be give you what you want.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I will pass on this one and stay where I'm at

Comment

First step to getting a job at the Islip airport is to contribute to the Town Supervisor's election campaign.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13834 users online. 396 members and 13438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X