300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

If park cops are so tough then maybe you should remain a park cop. The Troopers also won’t have to deal with your snowflake attitude. It’s a win-win on both sides.
    Tommy_V maybe you should just stick to being concerned about your own job in law enforcement, assuming of course you even have one. I’ve been on these forums for years since I started in law enforcement and low and behold I come across a thread talking about MY job specifically by other LEO’s not on my job and speculating on information based on an article they read in the Daily News. I come on here to try to set the record straight... and that’s your reaction? Nice. Way to be.

I’ll choose what job I stay on or what job I want to transition to and I certainly don’t need your advice or input now or ever. Now that’s a win-win.
    Last edited by concordia; 01-21-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Deleted....
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Speculate? Transition? Input? I don't like these words as much as, "Please, thank you, I'm sorry to bother you, Tommy" These are better words you use to come to my mother****ing thread without an invitation! You hear me?

YOUR thread? Get a life kid. You don’t OWN a thing, except your inflated Ego. Figures...

EPIC Fail.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Deleted....
          Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

At least they're getting a choice. Troopers won't have to hear the moaning about the "hostile take over' that we had to hear from transit and housing cops after that merge.

Comment

Tommy, why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself so we can understand how you are so much wiser than any of us old timers?

Comment

Deleted....
                Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

You still haven’t told us anything about yourself. What job, education do you hold that makes you so much wiser than anyone else on this board?

Comment

• m.p.c
                    m.p.c commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Prob works for DOCCS

• Tommy_V
                    Tommy_V commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Deleted....
                    Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-03-2020, 11:13 AM.

As a trooper I cringe reading some of these responses from people bashing NYSPP. A co-worker who I work with now who took me under his wing was former parks and has helped me as a trooper when I got cut loose. I’ve learned a tremendous amount from him. No idea where the animosity is coming from here....

Comment

Jealousy...pure and simple.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Can’t say whose wiser however I am current with the times. I actually spit out my coffee laughing when I realized he couldn’t tell that was a copy paste.
                      You have 2 minutes on these forums and you probably only have 2 minutes on the job too, STFU and show a little respect.

Comment

You boys need to simmer down a notch or two lol. In the grand scheme of things it makes little difference unless your the former parks cop now making additional coin and enhanced benefits as a Trooper.

The job is still the same, the mission still the same. It makes no difference whether you are policing state parks or a Trooper in some park like town outside of NYC. Your approach, and skill sets applied shouldn't vary too much.

As far as the academy goes or "rights of passage" well one fact remains. That fact is the authority resulting from these respective academies doesn't change. Troopers or Park Police are just police officers at the end of the day, last I knew the NYCPL doesn't grant any special knighthood to one or the other. The public doesn't care either way except for any potential costs of such merger by the taxpayers, the people YOU SERVE! Lastly the only thing the public will remember is the Proffesionlism and conduct of the officer, the color of the patrol vehicle or uniform will play no such roll or even matter.
                        Last edited by Nightsquad; 01-28-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure why they'd be merging the NYS Park Police with NYSP. It seems like it would make more sense to merge them with the Environmental Conservation Police. That's what we do in my state.
                          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

• S13ChrisM
                            S13ChrisM commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens next.

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                          I'm not sure why they'd be merging the NYS Park Police with NYSP. It seems like it would make more sense to merge them with the Environmental Conservation Police. That's what we do in my state.
                          Two completely different jobs with completely different missions. NYSP and NYSPP are more similar than any other two NYS law enforcement agencies compared side by side. Our academies, training and standards are nearly identical, our history is intertwined (Parkway Police split - NYSP and NYSPP) and we work hand in hand across the state. EnCon is environmental law enforcement, something the Park Police (despite the "park" in the title that everyone seems to get hung up on) do very little of.

The NYS Troopers did not have the manpower to police the parkway systems on Long Island. The then Long Island State Park Commission Police was granted jurisdiction of all policing all parkway systems by Robert Moses, becoming the State Parkway Police. Eventually the State Parkway Police was disbanded, with some becoming NYS Troopers and the rest remaining as the New York State Park Police. Fun fact: even though one the troopers primary area of patrol remains the NYS parkway system, the parkways remains under the jurisdiction of the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, who's law enforcement arm is the NYS Park Police.
                          Last edited by concordia; 01-31-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Nightsquad
                            Nightsquad commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yea again it gets screwy with New York's grand mergers and consolidations. In my other post I mentioned a friend who was a Capital Cop with the NYS Capital Police (Capital Police as you know were later absorbed by the NYSP). Well back in 1970s he was part of a group of officers facing layoffs due to a reduction in force and he actually was called to interview with the State Parkway Police. I was surprised when he told me that the parkway police were pretty much a separate entity from the regular "park" police lol. He ended up staying on with Capital Police for a bit but said some guys went to the Parkway Police, some became State University Public Safety (they were peace officers then), couple actually ended up as Safety Officers with Office of Mental Hygiene (before OMH/OMRDD were two separate agencies like today), and one he said became a NYS Bridge Police Officer (Upstate Bridge Authority not NYC) lol.

• GangGreen712
                            GangGreen712 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gotcha. It's different in my state. Our Encon Police mostly concentrate on hunting, fishing, and boating, but they are the primary LE agency in all state parks, state forests, and waterways. They also have concurrent statewide jurisdiction for all crimes and service with the state police and will occasionally respond to non-hunting/fishing/environmental calls if local or state police are not available. I'm guessing you guys handle mostly "human" calls at the parks while the NY Encon Police are off in the woods looking for poachers?

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                          To be honest New York State is somewhat a crazy state, and getting worse. State agencies are so very poorly run, and politicians and appointees tend to screw everything up. New York could benefit from multiple agency consolidations and mergers for sure but when they do they often screw things up, big time. Often times the messes they create are just left for the next group to either keep status quo, try to clean the mess, or sometimes make it bad again lol. The Governor and the movers and shakers mostly hail from New York City and as sophisticated and intelligent they all claim New York is things are really anything but right lol. State agency wise and public authorities there are way too many. Then almost every state agency has its own unique L.E. functions. When these people merge or consolidate agencies they do so with little savings to tax payers.

One merger that did okay was the disbanding of the old Capital Police Department in Albany. Knew a couple "Capital Cops". That department was folded and most of their officers and other staff became New York State Police assigned to the Capital Division I believe it was called. I thought there was a agreement whereby if you met the "regular" standards of being a Trooper you could transfer to other locations for duty, or if you normally would not meet their qualifications you were basically grandfathered in but stuck to that duty station. That is kind of the way I remembered it going down but we are talking almost 25 years ago. The guys I knew who were Capital Cops are all retired now. I remembered the Capital Cops not only had a huge visible presence in downtown at the Empire State Plaza complex but also in uptown Albany policing the huge state office building campus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7147 users online. 364 members and 6783 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X