Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officer Exam 2020 (April 15 - June 10, 2020)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Court Officer Exam 2020 (April 15 - June 10, 2020)

https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/...ouncement2.pdf

The filing period begins Wednesday, January 22, 2020 and ends Wednesday, February 26, 2020. PLEASE READ THE EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE FILING and follow all application instructions carefully. The filing fee ($30) is NON-REFUNDABLE.

After completing all sections of the on-line application, you must select "Submit Application" and wait to recieve an Application ID number (Confirmation number). If you do not recieve an Application ID number, your application has not been filed.

This computer-based, multiple choice examination will be administered statewide at PSI Test Centers from April 15, 2020 to June 10, 2020. Applicants will be e-mailed an examination self-scheduling link between March 23, 2020 and April 3, 2020. Scheduling will be first come, first served; specific date, times and test centers will not be guaranteed*. Contact [email protected] if your self-scheduling link has not been received by April 6, 2020. Please note that the exam time is three hours and 15 minutes which includes the memory portion of the exam.

You must possess a valid (NON-EXPIRED) original U.S. or state government issued PHOTO ID to take the exam. Acceptable photo IDs include driver’s license, U.S. passport, U.S. Military ID Card, U.S. government issued visa, and current high school identification card. Electronic IDs are not acceptable. Applicants who fail to present an acceptable ID at the test site will not be admitted or rescheduled.

New York State Court Officer-Trainees, at time of appointment**, must be:

• at least 20.5 years old
    • a high school graduate or equivalent
    • A United States Citizen
    • A resident of New York State
    • Valid New York State Driver’s License
    • Legally eligible to purchase and carry firearms

New York State Court Officer-Trainees enter the academy at Judicial Grade 16**. Effective April 2020, starting salary will be $51,113.

• Location Pay is $4300 for New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, and Westchester Counties. Location pay is $2150 for Orange, Dutchess and Putnam Counties.
    • Twenty (20) Paid Vacation Days in the First Year
    • Twelve (12) Paid Holidays
    • Pre-Tour Prep Leave Time
    • Regular Work Schedule
    • Excellent Health Insurance
    • Retirement Benefits
    • Limited Evening and Weekend Assignments
    • Deferred Compensation Option

For additional info about physical, medical and psychological standards and screening: http://ww2.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Good luck to everyone

Comment

Good luck to everyone taking the exam. It's a great job and there are days where I wish that I never left. If they'd had 20-year retirement and statewide MSP I probably never would have.

Comment

Anyone know what scores they went down to last exam? And the actually number on list?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
        Good luck to everyone taking the exam. It's a great job and there are days where I wish that I never left. If they'd had 20-year retirement and statewide MSP I probably never would have.
        What retirement do they have? 25 years?

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          "You may retire with full benefits as early as age 55 if you have 30 years of creditable service. Your benefit will be 60 percent of your final average salary. If you have less than 30 years of service, you may retire between the ages of 55 and 62, but your benefit will be reduced for early retirement."

Filing is now open if anyone is up late....

Comment

What are the locations you can take this exam? I have seen NJ, but it just says New jersey, no town or city. If I remember correctly I saw Massachusetts

Comment

Not even sure i want to waste my time and money on this again just to have my investigator ignore me

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              You miss a 100% of the shots you don’t take go for it

Any good study guides to score high in the test?

Comment

Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
              Any good study guides to score high in the test?
              Any of your typical law enforcement exam study guides would be fine. I think Barron's puts out a Court Officer exam guide, but from what I remember it was no different than any other police guide, and the author seemed a little confused about what Court Officers actually do. That said, like virtually all police exams, the exam is not really that hard. As long as you can read and don't rush you really shouldn't need to study at all.

Comment

• Bidstar
                Bidstar commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you make sense

Is anyone familiar with their tattoo policy ?

Comment

• Reigns167
                Reigns167 commented
                Editing a comment
                There is none

Would Nypd time count toward pension ?

Comment

• Stay Frosty
                Stay Frosty commented
                Editing a comment
                ???????????

• jeka_baez004
                jeka_baez004 commented
                Editing a comment
                Your time will count on the back end.

Last day to apply

Comment

“You’ve applied for the New York State Court Officer-Trainee exam, now what? Applicants will be emailed an exam self-scheduling link between March 23-April 3. Scheduling is first-come, first-served, so specific date/time/testing centers will not be guaranteed. Contact [email protected] if your self-scheduling link has not been received by April 6, 2020.

For more information on preparing for the exam please see our website: http://bit.ly/38WlUMI
                Attached Files

Comment

Applied just for kicks. So there is a Pysch interview and a board sheesh. What are the pay steps ?
                  Yonkers Police Exam
                  Date: 3/26/2014
                  Score: 90
                  List: Zone 3
                  Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
                  Date: 1/9/2016
                  Score: 9X.X%
                  List: 1XX
                  Orientation: 6/24/16
                  Medical:6/24/16
                  Agility:7/9/16
                  Written Psych:8/2/16
                  Oral Psych:
                  PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                  Date: 6/8/16
                  Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Theout
                    Theout commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Copied from the site
                    “New York State Court Officer-Trainees enter the academy at Judicial Grade 16. After successful completion of a two-year traineeship, court officers automatically promote to Judicial Grade 19. As of April 2020 the salary range for these two grades from hiring rate to maximum may be $51,113 to $81,605.
                    Location Pay Differential for New York City - Metropolitan Area is $4,200
                    Twenty (20) Paid Vacation Days in the First Year
                    Twenty-Seven (27) Paid Vacation Days by Seventh Year
                    Twelve (12) Paid Holidays
                    Pre-Tour Prep Leave Time
                    Regular Work Schedule
                    Excellent Health Insurance
                    Retirement Benefits
                    Limited Evening and Weekend Assignments
                    Deferred Compensation Option

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5849 users online. 274 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X