Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knows when they'll start making calls to lets us know if we passed the board interview?

Comment

• Trod17
      Trod17 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no clue. I wonder if we will be reached though email or through regular mail. How did you think you did?

Originally posted by WC13 View Post
    Anyone knows when they'll start making calls to lets us know if we passed the board interview?
    You don’t pass a board interview. You either get offered the job or not.

You will receive a phone call. Probably within a week or so

Comment

Just got the call everyone. Good luck!!

Comment

Curious as to how OT is with this department? Coming from state we can write our own checks. As a rookie with county is there any money available or does it all go to senior guys that are getting their numbers up?

Comment

Originally posted by scoops87 View Post
          Curious as to how OT is with this department? Coming from state we can write our own checks. As a rookie with county is there any money available or does it all go to senior guys that are getting their numbers up?
          Hahahahaha so much overtime your gonna wish you never said. Prepare to be forced,a lot. That’s why they are hiring

Comment

I thought based on this bail reform inmate # would be low

Comment

Just got a conditional offer. Do they do the medical and the written psych the same day?

Comment

Originally posted by maza849 View Post
                I thought based on this bail reform inmate # would be low
                Indeed,but the numbers are slowly creeping back up. Furthmore you have to think about attrition and other things such as different shifts,different divisions,people out sick,people out on job injury. You ball all those factors up and you end up with not enough officers to fill all the post all the time.

it’s not that bad but it has been happening a lot this year so far

Comment

How did everyone's psych go?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1523 View Post
                    How did everyone's psych go?
                    No idea, psychologist seemed ok and straight forward. Hopefully we’ll find out if we’re moving on relatively soon. Guessing they won’t call us back in for Id photos till they know who they’re moving forward with.

Comment

• Trod17
                      Trod17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They took the id photos after fitting for the uniform the day of the written psych test. Has anyone heard back yet from their psych interview and medical?

Trod, not all of us took our Id photo on the day of the fitting. The day I went for the psych they said they were having technical difficulties. We should be hearing back soon though that way you can give a current job 2 weeks notice.

Comment

• Trod17
                      Trod17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh man, I wasn’t aware that there were people unable to take the id photos. Hopefully you will hear back soon to take the id pics. And hopefully within the next week we will hear back to be able to give two weeks notice to our current employers. However, i’ve heard that sometimes they may wait until the Friday before academy to tell everyone. Not sure how accurate my information is. But it was told to me by a former CO who went through the process about 7 yrs ago.

Originally posted by DanBetZ View Post
                    Trod, not all of us took our Id photo on the day of the fitting. The day I went for the psych they said they were having technical difficulties. We should be hearing back soon though that way you can give a current job 2 weeks notice.
                    just a heads up, don’t count on being able to give your current job 2 weeks notice. More then Likely when you receive the call,the academy will be starting sooner then 2 weeks

Comment

• Trod17
                      Trod17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Once we get called for the academy, is there an induction ceremony or we just report to academy for day 1? Is that where we will get our uniforms and our training materials?

Let's see what happens...

Comment

There is no induction ceremony.

I will say this though,and it’s rather important. Put some money aside now. Once you start you will be given a list of things that you MUST purchase for the academy. Things like your boots,belt,classroom material,blue sweat pants etc. It run up the tab rather quickly. So be prepared money wise for that.

and yes,you will be given your uniform during the academy. For about the first week or so,you will be in business attire until the uniforms are ready. We were in business attire for about a week I think. That was almost 8 years ago so things could’ve changed

Comment

• Trod17
                        Trod17 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for the heads up!

Has anyone heard an update?

Comment

• Trod17
                        Trod17 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nothing yet over here. Im guessing they will tell us with little notice

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2602 users online. 118 members and 2484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X