Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nypd8339 View Post
    Got a 90 on the exam
    I got 90 also what you place on the list?

Comment

Low 60s wbu

Comment

Same here fellas, 90 and 60s. That will chop down by the time they start processing.
        sigpic
        NCPD 22222:
        12/18/12: TESTED
        NCCO 66-243:
        04/13/13: TESTED
        NYSDOCC 25-627/25-626:
        04/13/13: TESTED
        10/03/14: OTJ
        NCDS 60-184:
        10/05/13: TESTED
        NYSCO 45-784:
        10/18/14: TESTED

Comment

I got an 85 ranked in the 200’s. I won’t be getting called. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Got a 90 and I’m in the 19x’s. Smh. Time to forget about this job for a few years

Comment

• Juice321
              Juice321 commented
              Editing a comment
              How many people you think they are planning on hiring?

• scoops87
              scoops87 commented
              Editing a comment
              With covid costing the county so much and Cuomo not wanting to put people in jail, who knows. Might get a shot but doubt it’ll be anytime soon

I scored 90 I'm in the lows 80's

Comment

Did anyone receive anything else other than their grade? Any canvass letters?

Comment

Good afternoon everyone! I am on here just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Westchester County Correction Department hiring process. I got my score and I got a 90 and ranked 57 on the list. I wanna know if they put a new class through every year or if it's kind of a random thing. Also, I am a USMC veteran and have 3 years of corrections experience in NYC DOC is there any way to get an abridged academy being that I am already a certified peace officer? I'm not too familiar with Westchester county I have only been living up here for a year, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced and good luck!

Comment

• ZayPD
                  ZayPD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good afternoon brother. In short, you may be able to take the time on the job and may be added to the back of your retirement. At least thats what they did with those who had state time. The process could take 3-6 months and they only do an academy based on the needs of the department. Also, doesn't matter if you are already a piece officer. Everyone starts from scratch. Im speaking with the experience of processing from the last test coming from state corrections. Unfortunately they called me during a time I underwent 2 surgeries and i had to differ 3 times until the list expired. Hence here I am again SMH. Good Luck and hope this helped. For now sit tight, we will be waiting a bit unless the current climate creates more retirements. Anyone on the job please correct me if I'm wrong, we are all ears.

Originally posted by DanBetZ View Post
                Good afternoon everyone! I am on here just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Westchester County Correction Department hiring process. I got my score and I got a 90 and ranked 57 on the list. I wanna know if they put a new class through every year or if it's kind of a random thing. Also, I am a USMC veteran and have 3 years of corrections experience in NYC DOC is there any way to get an abridged academy being that I am already a certified peace officer? I'm not too familiar with Westchester county I have only been living up here for a year, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced and good luck!
                Congrats on your score. Unfortunately Westchester does not do rapid or refresher academies. Doesn’t matter where you came from,you must complete the Westchester Academy.

Even more unfortunate is that there is unlikely to be any new classes for the next few years. Even the word lay-offs has been floating around a lot here recently.

Comment

Yeah I kinda figured it may take a bit. I appreciate your help man. I'm an idiot and resigned from NYC DOC and might go back and see if I can get back in. I have been receiving alot of trolling on some of my posts and I really appreciate your respect level man! Wish you the best of luck man and stay safe out there!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6536 users online. 341 members and 6195 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X