Exam was 10/19/2019....
    26-713 Environmental Conservation Police Officer Trainee 1 $54,243

I saw it but couldn’t apply because of bachelors requirement

Comment

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't need a bachelor's... I don't have one and I was eligible

I hope we get the scores by Jan. Does anyone know what scores they tend to go up to?

Comment

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      They typically don't hire much so I'm assuming pretty high

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      They actually get pretty low on this list. I know someone who was contacted in the 80s and heard of someone else in the 70s being contacted. the academy is in Pulaski and you will most likely be stationed in the Long Island / NYC area so I think a lot of NYC / Long Island guys don’t want to do the academy 5 hours away from home when they have to drive home every weekend and I think a lot of upstate guys don’t want to go down to LI/NYC for 2-3 years. That’s why a lot of people don’t take this job so they go pretty far down the list

Anyone know the pay scale I can’t find it.

when do the scores come out for this exam??

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting on my score too.
      If you go to an older thread for ny encon there is a guy who is retired from the job ... said the top pay is 75, plus 10 in soft pay so 85 total , plus you get location pay depending where you live. Also I believe it’s 55 to start

Anyone have an idea when we’ll get our scores? can’t really find out much about this dept on the forums. Very limited info out there.

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you want to know?

Most new ECOs start off on LI or NYC because those are the least desirable locations.

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Out of curiosity why is that? (Why are they least desirable)

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      @simpleguy515..... your salary goes much further upstate

Scores are up on ELMS. not to happy with my score but for someone who really didn't know much about plants I'm surprised about the score

Comment

Not getting called with my score, best of luck to everyone that proceeds

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
        NYPDpoQNS commented
        Editing a comment
        They hired guys who a scored 70 last exam so if you passed you have a shot

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really? And I’m sure that took years

• NYPDpoQNS
        NYPDpoQNS commented
        Editing a comment
        Simpleguy515 ... do a little research. The list was established 3/2017 and they hired down to passing score of 70 in 5/2019.... so a 2 year wait with the lowest passing score you could get for a great career is not bad at all. All of these jobs take years to get, you have to be patient , stay in shape and keep all options open
        Last edited by NYPDpoQNS; 04-13-2020, 11:19 PM.

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        True appreciate the insight, I scored a 75 but I guess we shall see.

Scored 80 with a mid 400s score, not to bad. Hopefully in the first batch.

Comment

Does anyone know what they usually canvass up too on their first batch?

I wonder how much this Rona stuff is gonna slow hiring down or just kill the budget for new hires. I’m hoping they kick off the hiring by the end of the summer but who knows anymore

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
          NYPDpoQNS commented
          Editing a comment
          All the info is public from the last hiring list on civil service. Off the last exam that got established in 2017 they only put in one class. Everyone from a score of 105 all the way down to 70 went into the same class in May of 2019. It looks like they only had enough willing/eligible candidates for one class. This new list that came off 2019 exam looks like it has about half the amount of people passed than the last one too. Take that for what it’s worth. To me it looks like all passing grades will be canvassed for the first and only class that will go in off this list

Just out of curiosity, has anyone recieved a canvass letter yet? Wondering if anything has been done recently with all these hiring freezes :/

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
          NYPDpoQNS commented
          Editing a comment
          Score of 80. Haven’t heard anything.

Some Canvass’s out

Comment

If any one has gotten the canvas can you please pm me. Got a question about it and since I'm currently on tdy I'm not home to get my mail

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pm me I got the letter

I got it and I scored an 80 mid 400s on the list. Probably not going to go forward. Already otj 6 years and don’t feel like the pay cut or doing a live in for 6 months

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            DEC is an awesome job. Worked with a bunch of those guys after 9/11. Almost no supervision, work out of your house for the most part, do your own thing, take home car, etc. You city boys could do with 6 months out in the country.

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Anyone know the pay scale of these officers

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            HighwayBob I also feel like there isn’t so much “police work” though. Obviously if some people are looking for that

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            There's plenty of police work there. It's just a very different type of police work. I also worked with and got to know a bunch of ECOs after 9/11 and learned a lot from them.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 137 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X