Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current NYS University Police, if anyone has any questions about anything, happy to answer, just ask. I've been monitoring all the questions from new test takers. Good luck to all!

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      How long was your hiring process? And I currently work for another college public safety dept, unarmed. I assume duties are about the same? TIA

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      How long it takes to hit top pay? I hear people saying is 20 years other 9 years

So any NYS University Police hiring process is going to vary by agency. We're all NYS University Police but very different in an array of ways. Some will take 3-5 months, others can do it quicker with regards to the hiring process. It all depends on needs of the department and how much time they can dedicate to a person or people they're trying to hire.

The duties are all different depending on which campus you're hired for. Upstate Medical University for example, is very non-traditional. So for example, you're not going to deal with students as much or breaking up parties on the weekends etc.. but will handle a lot more than you think with them being in the city of Syracuse. A place such as NYS University Police at U-Albany or Buffalo State will be more like a city police department with those kind of calls for service and duties etc.. To hit top pay is closer to 20 years, I'll post if I can get a hold of the new pay scale since we just came to a new contract after being without one since 2014.

I lateraled from a city PD in upstate new york and my process took about a month. I had to go to Albany though and go through the psych, medical etc..

Comment

• Stay Frosty
      Stay Frosty commented
      Editing a comment
      Worth leaving Nypd for??

Does anyone know when we get our exam results?

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      It can usually takes around 6 months , could be longer could be sooner. No one knows for sure and with this virus out half of civil service is out too so it might take longer

List was established. You can check now.

Comment

Probably not getting called got a 75; best of luck to all the other candidates!

Comment

• Jujubeprincess
        Jujubeprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        I luckily got in the top 100.

• Stack69
        Stack69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesnt matter if you are in top 100 or not, it matters what your score is. For example, they will call everyone with score 85 at same time whether you are number 100 or 200 on the list.

Does anyone know what the fitness test is like for this job?

Comment

• Stack69
        Stack69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure push ups, sit ups, 1.5 mile run

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        Look up Cooper standards. It's based on your age and gender.

• Jujubeprincess
        Jujubeprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the info

How long do you guys think until they canvass people with an 85? Is there going to be a hiring freeze for a while now or are alot of people retiring and they need to be replaced?
      Last edited by Stack69; 06-10-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I scored a 90 on the 2020 exam . What are the chances of getting hired near buffalo NY ? I’m also a state employee

Comment

• Stack69
          Stack69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got a pretty good chance over there. UB, Buff State, Brockport, Fredonia, and Geneseo all over there hire from this test.
          Last edited by Stack69; 06-12-2020, 03:31 PM.

Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
        Probably not getting called got a 75; best of luck to all the other candidates!
        Same here I got a 75 too, probably not getting called but the search for other jobs opportunities continues!, we just need to keep our head up and keep going.

Comment

Any chance of getting canvassed downstate with an 85?

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Everyone asking "what are my chances" needs to get a grip. No one here is clairvoyant. No one can answer that question. You're looking for someone to tell you "yeah you're chances are great".

• NYPDpoQNS
            NYPDpoQNS commented
            Editing a comment
            Go to civil service website. You can look at 2016 exam and see the list. it will tell you what score was hired on what date and at what college. That will give you a general idea of time frames. Although things will differ depending on needs of the Dept and attrition.

• Amc2191
            Amc2191 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the helpful response bro.

Worth leaving Nypd for??

Comment

• Bca46
            Bca46 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m pretty sure anything is worth leaving nypd for... or any liberal ran city PD at this point

Has anyone got canvassed in NYC area? I just got canvassed by Cortland

Comment

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that off the old or new list? I got a canvas from the old list number that expires tomorrow

• Stack69
            Stack69 commented
            Editing a comment
            The new test that was this February 2020

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok. Cause my canvas was from the old one

Just Morrisville and Cortland

Comment

• Stack69
            Stack69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you going to pursue either of those locations

Yes whichever is first

Comment

• Stack69
            Stack69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck dude

Do you have to reply to all canvasses or you can choose. Also what
          score did u guys have? I got an 85. Im downstate, so can i choose to just go with anyone that canvasses me from downstate?

Comment

• Rh992
            Rh992 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you choose not to it's considered a declination. That can cause you to be removed for consideration from the list or from that specific location. If you sign in on the civil service website and go to ELMS, and click declinations it explains this to you. If you're not interested in upstate you can change your list preference and just select downstate zones.

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the canvass letters sent to your email or on ELMS

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3120 users online. 191 members and 2929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X