300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTA Lateral to Port Authority

Could a MTA cop lateral to Port Authority Police or I have to do the academy again? I might be getting the MTA job but Port Authority Police is my dream job

Your doing another academy

Comment

@mikerojas I highly get your coming from. However, dude, to only work 3 days week is a steal and MTA currently out of contract. Think of the quality of life. Over 100k for 13 working days a month

Comment

I’m here praying to be hired by MTAPD and you want to lateral to another agency ouch.

Comment

You haven’t even gotten hired yet and you want to leave?

Comment

I’m already on the job like I said PAPD is the job I always want it

Comment

• Segurosky3410
              Segurosky3410 commented
              Editing a comment
              What is it about papd that isn't in MTAPD? I don't mean it in a bad way.

Originally posted by Mike Rojas View Post
            I’m already on the job like I said PAPD is the job I always want it
            You said "I might be getting the MTA job" so how are you already on the job?

Comment

I work for NYPD

Comment

Pretty much a fail, then.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I finish my process for MTAPD just waiting to get hire

Comment

This is pretty much the same thing as being dissatisfied about winning the Powerball instead of the Mega Millions.

One thing to caution against is trying to have too many job changes in a short period of time, with the example of leaving NYPD to MTA PD to PAPD.

Not sure if you're spooked about the potential changes to the way MTA PD is being deployed around the city with regards to the subway system but I honestly feel that is not a reason to bail out from that job.

Comment

I could care less I work in the city now anyways dealing with the best the Bronx has to offer. PAPD always been the job I wanted I just want it to know if I need it to do an academy again

Comment

Why would you leave MTA? They aren't breaking their backs

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rojas View Post
                          I could care less I work in the city now anyways dealing with the best the Bronx has to offer. PAPD always been the job I wanted I just want it to know if I need it to do an academy again
                          It's already been said that YES, you would have to go through their academy.

Comment

In the end, you have to do what’s best for you. That’s what it comes down to. I had a choice between PAPD and Suffolk, i chose Suffolk and have not looked back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12684 users online. 500 members and 12184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X