300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County Sheriff's correction officers question

Can CO's employed by the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office make arrests and carry guns?

I know that (obviously) the deputy sheriffs have full police officer status and carry on and off duty but I have seen CO's carrying guns and driving the usual black and white sheriff vehicles with nothing to indicate that they are jail workers and not police officers like the deputy sheriffs.

I have seen some sheriff vehicles with wording by the gas hatch saying like "Community Relations", "Civil Bureau", "Traffic Enforcement Unit", "Parks Bureau", etc. so im assuming the corrections vehicles would have this?

Suffolk County Correction Officers are peace officers, they carry firearms on and off duty and make arrests on and off duty. They usually drive unmarked radio cars, but sometimes drive the marked cars with no special designation to Correction Division.

Comment

Suffolk County Correction Officers are peace officers, they carry firearms on and off duty and make arrests on and off duty. They usually drive unmarked radio cars, but sometimes drive the marked cars with no special designation to Correction Division.

Oh and they are not jail workers, they can and will write you a summonse if you break the law in front of them.

Comment

Does anybody know the tours that the Suffolk County Corrections have? What's the average work schedule? Swapping, ect? Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5344 users online. 310 members and 5034 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X