Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Exam 0320 ( Nov 1 - Dec 14, 2019)

New exam is out
    Filling period: October 29 - December 14, 2019
    Testing period: November 1 - December 14, 2019
    Good luck !
    https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dcas/dow...2000320000.pdf

Deleted......
    Last edited by Bidstar; 10-29-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

https://a856-exams.nyc.gov/OASysWeb/Exam/List

Comment

What happens if you take the NYPD exam and you have less than 60 credits. Do the skip over you until you get your 60 credits?

Comment

• staten718
          staten718 commented
          Editing a comment
          No as long as you have partial credit I beleive 30 or 35 credits you can start the process .

• Reese1085
          Reese1085 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. For your fast response. I have 31 credits.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          You just need 60 when you enter academy/sworn in. You can also do educational hold but I don’t remember how long you can be on hold for.

My son signed up for this exam. Yet on the NYPD recruitment page it states no exams scheduled. The automated email notification for upcoming exams which he signed up for, never came either. Great system.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher1336 View Post
          My son signed up for this exam. Yet on the NYPD recruitment page it states no exams scheduled. The automated email notification for upcoming exams which he signed up for, never came either. Great system.
          I wouldn't worry about any particular test - they seem to give them often. It's a far cry from the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher1336 View Post
            i believe they updated the website last night so if you go here https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/caree...s-landing.page it shows you that you can register for a NYPD exam. WIsh your son the best of luck.

Comment

Is it worth taking this test if nypd previously pysch d.q you for school safety? I know thousands will take this exam.

Comment

Where will I stand If I scored a 91+5 96% with residency included? I took the exam the first day and was definitely one of the first 1000-2000 to take the exam.
                Last edited by Mike_lowrey; 11-02-2019, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably list number in between 1000-2000 depending on how many people took the test / scores
                  96 is a good score - you should be in the process relatively quick after they establish the list numbers.

• Bidstar
                  Bidstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear it doesn’t matter what day you took it if I’m correct

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Score matters -
                  what day you took the exam doesn’t matter at all
                  list will be made based on scores.

• Mike_lowrey
                  Mike_lowrey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, From I've been hearing I think a lot of people forget scoring 90 and up on the exam helps if your trying to get on the job as fast as possible.

Don’t do it. Take other agency’s exam, this job sucks.

Comment

• Kamil369
                  Kamil369 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why would you say this job sucks? But then again others love it others hate it

• Bidstar
                  Bidstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kamil369 I mean how many officers are in the nypd right now? Like 30,000 active officers? A lot of different opinions there tbh

Originally posted by Ted Williams View Post
                Don’t do it. Take other agency’s exam, this job sucks.
                Do you know of Any other good agencies that are currently open for hiring?

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NYS University Police will have an exam in February - registration is in Nov 15- Dec 15- look for NYS Civil Service exams.

NYPD - like it or not - you get experience and you can use it as a stepping stone ( if you decide to leave ).
                  By the time you find the job you like / exam you want to take you will waste 2-3 years. ( many such as MTA or PAPD have exams every 4 years and both have a lottery - so you may not be even selected to take the exam )
                  Plus after the academy you can start applying for Federal Jobs. Chances of being referred to Hiring official are slim without experience.
                  Last edited by Theout; 11-04-2019, 05:46 PM.

I ran into several hundred NYPD cops on Saturday who cannot wait to get off that job.

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trying to get off the job or are they trying to bounce to another agency ? Like using NYPD Academy and certification as leverage and go into MTA ?
                  Because most of them wouldn’t be taking the MTA physicals if it wasn’t for being in NYPD since Mta is trying to get NYPD cops over .
                  So people can say whatever .
                  Last edited by Theout; 11-04-2019, 08:24 PM.

What??? They hate their job. What don't you understand? They get treated like crap and they want another job where they will be treated better and like adults.

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my point was it’s because of NYPD they got selected to be in the MTAPD process . If it wasn’t for the NYPD - most of them wouldn’t be selected to participate in your Saturday MTA PD selection process

I did state that people can use NYPD to advance or decide to apply to other agencies.
                  If you are lucky enough to be selected by lottery then good for you ( MTAPD)

But to sit and wait for a decent exam or keep trying to apply to federal without experience sometimes wastes years.

If someone wants good federal gig or and wants to advance in their career NYPD is not a bad choice to either move up or get experience.

More options.
                  Last edited by Theout; 11-04-2019, 09:48 PM.

I’m going to take the test just to have options but I’m actively applying to other things. I can put the nypd process on hold anyways.

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly - more options are always better
                  Last edited by Theout; 11-04-2019, 10:28 PM.

Just took it today 97.6%, a lot of people say not to take this job but either way it's a start for something and who knows I know people who love it and some who hate it. I also got selected to take the MTA exam (NOT OTJ) so I'm wondering how that worked out since according to people on this site they're only looking for current officers.
                NC Sheriff Exam:
                Score: 90
                List Number: 1XX

NYC Corrections
                Score: 93

NCPD
                Score 80.1

NYPD 0320:

Comment

• Theout
                  Theout commented
                  Editing a comment
                  “Oh I am so sorry “
                  Your addon training is set up to follow up on NYPD academy curriculum - you got kicked out from that academy . There is no NYPD academy clone - so I assume your training will be modified.
                  Unless you think all police academies in NYS teach identical curriculum?
                  Last edited by Theout; 11-05-2019, 11:35 AM.

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have no say what other academies teach. We do not have any way to modify an academy's curriculum.

• Mike_lowrey
                  Mike_lowrey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HighwayBob Do you have any word as where civilians will go for academy?

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No one knows. No one. It's being worked on.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12628 users online. 491 members and 12137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X