300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Civil Service Law Question

Before I was a cop in the city, I worked a county job. For ANY civil service job in which I had an appointment to process with, they had to grant me the ability to use time to take off that day.
    From what I hear, this is in fact NYS Civil Service Law but i'm not 100% sure.
    So my question is: If you work in NYC and per say have an appointment for a civil service job in Sullivan County, must your current civil service employer grant you the time off?

Thanks

Nys cover nys jobs and city covers city jobs they dont cross over sadly from my experience since I've done both city and state jobs. Now pensions or time accrued is a different story.

Comment

Unless you're in a City civil service job and processing for another City job, they don't have to give you the day, with the exception of MTA. So yes, they have to grant you the day and you will have to use AL, Comp or LWOP. I believe there's an option in CityTime under excused absence for civil service interview but it's only for City to City. Kinda sucks. Should be across the board.

Comment

• Patriot91
        Patriot91 commented
        Editing a comment
        That stinks but thanks for the info

Do a mutual or even better bang in sick on the day of the exam

Comment

• Patriot91
        Patriot91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I truly believe that the job denying days is another way of them preventing people from leaving.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12654 users online. 496 members and 12158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X