300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Deputy Sheriffs on Here?

I took the Nassau County Deputy Sheriffs test about 2 years ago and now I heard that there will be some movement going on over there and potential hiring. I scored high on that test, so I may be faced with an ultimatum. Work as a Deputy Sheriff for the Sheriffs Department or a PO. I know most obviously lean towards Police officer, but I don’t want to entirely dismiss one without at least getting more information. What are the pros and cons to each? Anybody on here work as a Deputy Sheriff and if so, what do you think? Would you take Police Officer over it if given the chance and why?

If you don’t want to answer on here, you can PM me.

The sheriff's department is very small (on the deputy side) and is a much more political environment than the NCPD.
    Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Originally posted by Decided View Post
      The sheriff's department is very small (on the deputy side) and is a much more political environment than the NCPD.
      Oh great, just the type of thing I wanted to avoid. What does that mean exactly? You gotta know somebody to get the job and to get promotions etc? Or once you’re in, you’re expected to do political favors?

Comment

Without getting into 'politics or who you need to know', just look at it from a numbers perspective.

One department has about 50 sworn, the other has 2,500. Obviously go for whatever department contacts you and puts you through the process; but your odds statistically for getting hired are much higher with the NCPD.

Both jobs are also different. One department serves warrants, evictions, and other civil processes. The other responds to 911 calls for service. One department works business type hours and the other one is a 24 hour operation.
        Last edited by Decided; 10-28-2019, 07:41 PM.
        Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Originally posted by Decided View Post
          Without getting into 'politics or who you need to know', just look at it from a numbers perspective.

One department has about 50 sworn, the other has 2,500. Obviously go for whatever department contacts you and puts you through the process; but your odds statistically for getting hired are much higher with the NCPD.

Both jobs are also different. One department serves warrants, evictions, and other civil processes. The other responds to 911 calls for service. One department works business type hours and the other one is a 24 hour operation.
          Wow, I didn't realize it was that small. Without a doubt, I'll take whichever one contacts me first. Won't pass on either opportunity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12683 users online. 499 members and 12184 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X