Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback from Serving NYPD? Neighborhood Policing

Good Afternoon All,

I hope you are all well. I'm just curious about the new Neighborhood Policing Patrol system that the NYPD has implemented, and how you, as Police Officers feel about it?

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/burea...-officers.page

Any advice or opinions from those serving would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Nothing new about it. Just the same old thing that's been around for years just with a different name. We used to call it CPOP back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post
      Nothing new about it. Just the same old thing that's been around for years just with a different name. We used to call it CPOP back in the day.
      Thanks for the reply! You're not NYPD, right? That's okay, do you live in a NYPD jurisdiction and if so, have you noticed a difference with it?

I'm a big fan of Community Oriented Policing so I'm eager to hear how it compares (as it seems very similar) and how both the community and NYPD Officers feel about the change?

Comment

I'm not NYPD but I lived in the city until recently. Didn't see much difference. They have these community meetings once in a while and it >seems< as though there are better lines of communication available but day-to-day I don't know how effective it is.

They started doing the same thing in Transit which I think is totally ridiculous - I see no regular cops in the subways on a daily basis and the same old problems exist and may be even worse now - homeless, fare evaders, and all kinds of QOL issues.

Comment

I'm not NYPD but I lived in the city until recently. Didn't see much difference. They have these community meetings once in a while and it >seems< as though there are better lines of communication available but day-to-day I don't know how effective it is.

They started doing the same thing in Transit which I think is totally ridiculous - I see no regular cops in the subways on a daily basis and the same old problems exist and may be even worse now - homeless, fare evaders, and all kinds of QOL issues.
          So to clarify, you see no regular police on the subways? How often do you take the subway? That's something you could speak to Transit about.

Community Oriented Policing requires input and buy-in from the local community to work.

Comment

What I mean is I see posters in certain stations showing the beat cops assigned to that area. I've never seen them. I'm in the subway a lot now. Sure, I see Transit Bureau cops around, but there is no "community policing" that I can see.

Besides, after the hostile takeover the NYPD promised to keep the TB at the same manpower levels as the TPD. That was BS - I think there are about half as many cops in the subways as there were with the TPD.

Comment

What I mean is I see posters in certain stations showing the beat cops assigned to that area. I've never seen them. I'm in the subway a lot now. Sure, I see Transit Bureau cops around, but there is no "community policing" that I can see.

Besides, after the hostile takeover the NYPD promised to keep the TB at the same manpower levels as the TPD. That was BS - I think there are about half as many cops in the subways as there were with the TPD.
              That's some interesting feedback, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Hence why MTA is putting cops into the subways...
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it's more like Cuomo is trying to make DiBozo look bad.

It’s a joke. Patting perps on the head because they know they’re going to get ROR’d anyways.
                "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan 5-0 View Post
                  It’s a joke. Patting perps on the head because they know they’re going to get ROR’d anyways.
                  Thank you for your reply. I'd like to know more about your opinions on the matter. What makes it a joke, more specifically, please?

Comment

Politicians and media elites from the left have done such a number on the public in these deep blue states by pushing a false narrative that the police are hunting innocent minorites.. the reaction? They've turned the criminal justice system upside down here in NY State with their "bail reform".. they elect activist liberal Judges and District Attorneys in NYC that'll dismiss solid cases out of their desire to favor the perp.. society has become so overly litigious that police are increasingly held up with civil liability.

​​​​​Commissioners and Police Chiefs morph into politicians as soon as that new shield is handed to them and they roll over like a good dog to enact these initiatives that often don't work.

In my opinion, a lot of these strained relationships with the community come from the top. The same Chiefs and Commissioners that I mentioned before are typically at the mercy of Mayors, City Council etc who view the police as nothing more than revenue generators or defacto tax men. The closed door meetings revolve around money (money often used for other ill fated, utopian, liberal progressive projects). They're obsessed with ticket numbers and how much money was made this year, last year, last week, last month etc.

They can have all the sidewalk BBQs, community days and cops ordered to walk into stores that they want but as long as you have relentless hammering of tickets or arrests in instances where you would initially used the power of discretion, the community is alienated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8470 users online. 387 members and 8083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X