300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mta vs nypd sgt

Hey everybody so I have a tough decision to make. I’m currently going through the Mta process along with hundreds of other city guys. I’m also currently on the nypd sgt list and should be promoted within a few months. I’m pretty torn on what I’ll decide to do if all goes well and I pass all Mta steps. While I know it’s all preference, does anybody have any advice on my situation? Is it worth staying in nypd and trying to get into a detail as a sgt, or is the quality of life outside the city that much better that it’s worth starting over as a rookie and passing up on the promotion? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NY2TX; 10-04-2019, 10:13 AM.

I field trained a city rollover who was on the sergeant's list for NYPD when she left. There were rumors that she was going to go back to the city and when I asked her she said "I wouldn't care if I was on the captain's list - I'd never go back".

No one can make the decision for you. I worked with a kid who rolled over from NYPD TB a year and a half ago and we were talking to a couple of TB cops and he told them that he can't even begin to describe the QOL difference it's amazing.

MTAPD works 12's with steady days, steady tours, no last minute ordering in, etc. But I'm sure you know that already.

Comment

MTA for the win.

Comment

I’ve done both jobs. 75% of the mtapd is ex nypd. IF you are lucky enough to get hired by mtapd....run and never look back. So much more OT and the schedule is waaaay better. It really is a no brainer

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          That percentage is probably on the high side.

Originally posted by NY2TX View Post
        Hey everybody so I have a tough decision to make. I’m currently going through the Mta process along with hundreds of other city guys. I’m also currently on the nypd sgt list and should be promoted within a few months. I’m pretty torn on what I’ll decide to do if all goes well and I pass all Mta steps. While I know it’s all preference, does anybody have any advice on my situation? Is it worth staying in nypd and trying to get into a detail as a sgt, or is the quality of life outside the city that much better that it’s worth starting over as a rookie and passing up on the promotion? Thanks in advance.
        Leave NYPD for MTA and don't look back.

I'm in the city too. And sadly, wherever you go on our job it's the same job. Other departments actually care for their cops.

My pops left the NYPD after 10 years, started from the bottom and he said it was the best decision he had ever made. I hope to be as lucky to escape the city as well one day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7633 users online. 243 members and 7390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X