300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Transferring to NYPD

Hey guys I currently work for the city of New York and have few questions maybe someone knows from past experiences working for the city transferring to NYPD. Thanks guys

if you transfer with 4 years of city time do you start and lowest pay rate?

does your city services count towards the end to retire?

You start at the lowest pay rate and your prior city time would count towards the end. You have to buy back your time.

Comment

Your a 100 percent sure ? I been trying to find answers everyone is giving me mixed ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1289 View Post
        Your a 100 percent sure ? I been trying to find answers everyone is giving me mixed ones.
        I'm gonna be in your boat soon because i Should be in the January or April academy and i've been a Nassau County Employee going on 4 years now, originally i thought it would be as Nhayes91 said and it would be tacked onto the end. However, a friend of a friend was in my exact same scenario transferred from Nassau County DPW to NYPD with 3 years of service and he went out of his way to ask about transferring it and filled out paperwork and his time was counted up front.

It sounds like you have to ask specifically for that or they will treat you as they Nhayes mentioned.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8464 users online. 391 members and 8073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X