• columbia09
    replied
    Originally posted by R0B0C0P View Post
    This physical seems like it’s tougher than any other agency
    Agreed especially when I hear 50% fail it

Leave a comment:

• Mike0117
    commented on 's reply
    Not really. I’ve done my share amount of physical test for different police departments. Some departments require you to bench press your own body weight. Some make you stretch past your toes. MTA uses the basic cooper standard test.

In my opinion NJ has the best physical test because it’s based on points. You might not be a good runner but have good upper body, and core strength. Port authority and NJ state troopers use this physical Exam chart. You can go on their website and see more details regarding their physical exam.

If you are attending the physical test next weekend. Good luck and give it your all!!!

• R0B0C0P
    replied
    This physical seems like it’s tougher than any other agency

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    It's about the size of a clenched fist, guessing it's 3 or 4 inches.

• OnlyTheStrong1
    replied
    Just go all the way down with chest touching the flr and all the way up elbows lock straight no halfway. To prepare yourself.

Leave a comment:

• columbia09
    replied
    Anyone know how big the object is they put under your chest for the pushups ? Just so I can practice as close as I can to the actual test?

Leave a comment:

• R0B0C0P
    commented on 's reply
    appreciate the update man, as always.

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    It's unknown right now, but probably. There is no freeze on processing necessarily just hiring. I'm guessing that they will be processed and will be ready to go when this gets lifted, but I don't know for sure. It will be a relatively small group of people and more will be needed.

Stay motivated and stay in shape.

• columbia09
    replied
    Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post
    Hiring is currently on hold. A number of PFT dates have been cancelled or postponed leaving only the first two. It is anticipated that the freeze will be short-term. No one knows right now what's what for sure.
    So for the ones who are testing next weekend, will they continue through the process?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Hiring is currently on hold. A number of PFT dates have been cancelled or postponed leaving only the first two. It is anticipated that the freeze will be short-term. No one knows right now what's what for sure.

Leave a comment:

• columbia09
    commented on 's reply
    If this is true, why did they send out invitations for the physical fitness exam?

• Oreo
    commented on 's reply
    Don't know how legit this may be but did see this:

https://www.wnyc.org/story/mta-delay...cent-protests/

• Mike_lowrey
    replied
    Will the MTA’s 10 billion COVID deficit have an affect on the governors agreed upon budget to hire 500 MTAPD cops?

Leave a comment:

• R0B0C0P
    commented on 's reply
    thanks broski

• R0B0C0P
    commented on 's reply
    NYPD has been losing officers/cops since the beginning of time...to FDNY, MTAPD, PAPD, Nassau, Suffolk, State Trooper...so what difference does it make? Plenty of cops ready to jump ship for more money/pay and better quality of life...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 245 members and 2712 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X