Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manhattan 5-0
    Forum Grenadier
    • Apr 2013

I have the panel interview scheduled for next month!
    "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Manhattan 5-0
      Forum Grenadier
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Kamil369

That’s awesome brother congratulations! Did you get a email or something mailed to your house ? Also if I may ask when did you get this information? But once again congratulations
      Thanks man. Last week I received an email scheduling me for it. As far as I know, all notifications to advance through the process are via email.

I’ll probably go through the hiring process but don’t think I’ll actually pursue the job. I’m set in the NYPD and happy with my function.
      "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

Comment

• Manhattan 5-0
        Manhattan 5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        xknuckles there’s a lot of miserable cops in the city, many of whom are in cushioned spots and have nothing to worry about other than how their boss likes their coffee. If they’re miserable being a desk jockey coward getting paid to push paper, they will probably be miserable working for the MTA standing in one spot for the next 20 years, dreading the one day where they’ll have to be a cop and cuff someone.

The only thing I’d really enjoy in the MTA is the schedule. You can easily make the same amount of money, if not more, as a city cop. I was pulling in almost $2500 a paycheck with only 4 years on the job from violence reduction, not including OT from collars and whatnot. I’m no Kojack or super tactical tool bag, but I like being a cop and doing cop stuff, like directly interacting with people and locking others up. That’s just me, not everyone sees it the same. Regardless in which path you all take, be safe above all.

Too many people are quick to knock the NYPD despite never serving a day in it. It’s a monkey show for sure, but most of our problems don’t stem from the department itself. Bad politics do. And that’s a problem that will infect ALL departments at some point in time.
        Last edited by Manhattan 5-0; 12-28-2019, 09:31 PM.

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        I get what you say Manhattan 5-0 stay safe out there!

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Manhattan 5-0 not knocking at all! Nypd was/still is my first choice! Tbh I think I got DQ’d because the arresting det played a major role in my background dq. Arrested but dismissed. I took the test again anyways. You have a valid point, exactly the mentality I want to walk into the dept with and sound like a great role model

• R0B0C0P
        R0B0C0P commented
        Editing a comment
        Manhattan 5-0 you just mentioned in your post the whole 1pp...
    • HighwayBob
      LEO Member
      • Feb 2019

You can easily make the same amount of money, if not more, as a city cop. I was pulling in almost $2500 a paycheck...

Same on this side - EXCEPT we get paid weekly!

Comment

• Defy
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2017

Just got an email scheduling me for the Panel Interview.

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Other people have let me know they are scheduled for the panel next month and some are civilians.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          that's some awesome news HighwayBob

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the physical test was the next step after the exam, congrats bro

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Read post #227 on the next page. I don't know why you didn't see it before you commented.
      • UchihaMadara
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2017

So, are they still calling people to take the exam or is over?

Comment

• Segurosky3410
          Segurosky3410 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sucks man. But it seems like it.

• OBIE24
          OBIE24 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s funny because I have not gotten an email stating that I was selected or rejected. I am always checking my emails and junk mail but nothing. However, correct me if I am wrong, I check the MTA Police website and it stated that another batch of emails will be sent out in January. Perhaps Highwaybob can elaborate.
      • HighwayBob
        LEO Member
        • Feb 2019

I have some updated information.

That's it for now.
        Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• OBIE24
          OBIE24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you HighwayBob. You are the hero in this forum. Thank you sir.

• Segurosky3410
          Segurosky3410 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir. I guess it's forget about it. Wish everyone in the running best of luck

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Nassau details are still being worked out. The numbers I heard are 75 recruits and 75 rollovers hired in July, but that is all unconfirmed as of now.
          Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much for the updates bob! Thankfully that might buy me some more time to be really prepared for the physical.
      • PuertoRican_COP
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2013

No email for panel interview yet.
        Exams Taken:
        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
        NYPDPC Exam 2214
        APD5- Complete
        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
        Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Ccontreras06
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2020

Hey @everyone so I spoke to a mtapd officer and he told me that they are calling rollover first than civilians after .

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            If ain’t confirmed by HighwayBob, it ain’t true lol

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Called for what??

I know both current cops AND civilians that have been scheduled for panel interviews this month off of the November written test.

• R0B0C0P
            R0B0C0P commented
            Editing a comment
            @ccontreras...at this point its obvious. everyone who took the written test was nothing but nypd cops...also isnt it easier for mtapd to just lateral all these nypd cops...they just gotta take a refresher from what is mentioned on here...
            Last edited by R0B0C0P; 06-30-2020, 09:45 AM.
        • Ccontreras06
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2020

Lol np I was just saying what one of them said to me . But understood .

Comment

• HighwayBob
            LEO Member
            • Feb 2019

so whatever civilians get hired will be going to the NCPD academy this year.

Be prepared - the Nassau academy isn't as easy as the NYPD academy especially physically.
            Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh boy, ncpd is tough. So would we go in with Nassau recruits or have our own MTA class?

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think NCPD would have an entire class for an outside agency.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Commute is about to be fun!
          • Gmen123
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2019

Is mta suppose to get a pay raise any time soon?

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              Our contract expired October 2018. The MTA wanted to settle with the TWU first and now that's over with so we expect to make a lot more progress in the next few months.

• Gmen123
              Gmen123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know, thanks
          • Nhayes91
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Gmen123
            Is mta suppose to get a pay raise any time soon?
            They're out of contract but who knows when a new one will be negotiated. These things can take years.

Comment

• KMoney12345
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2020

So I received an email on December 20 saying I passed the exam which is great. Yesterday January 7th I receive an email saying I am disqualified because I did not show up to the exam that they said I passed. Did anyone else get this? Is this just human error on their part?

Comment

• HighwayBob
                HighwayBob commented
                Editing a comment
                You'd better reach out to someone ASAP.
            • KMoney12345
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2020

Update I called the number that they gave us when we got the passing grade email and the person over the phone was just as confused as I was. She wrote it down and said give them 3-5 business days for a response. I’m going to call everyday.

Comment

• inmyseitz94
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2019

Does anyone have any idea when we will get the results back from the December test?

Comment

• xknuckles
                  xknuckles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’d assume by the end this month or next. Since Nov got theirs right before our exam

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17868 users online. 20 members and 17848 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...