Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have issues with the flexibility of closure (shapes) practice questions?

Comment

• Reese1085
      Reese1085 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope just one question had me stuck so I skipped it and came back to it and BAM! I figured it out. It’s pretty straight forward. The Flexible of closure isn’t difficult.

• Does anyone know if it a scored exam out of 100 or a pass/fail test?

Comment

• Does anyone know when more emails will be going out for any other dates ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamil369

Normally they send out more emails 2-4 weeks before the testing date.

You don't know what they "normally" do because it's in a constant state of flux. There is no SOP or guidelines that dictate the notification process.

Comment

• Where can i get the study guide from?
          NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
          CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
          Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
          BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
          Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
          JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
          Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
          Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
          Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

• Defy
            Defy commented
            Editing a comment
            MTA emails it to you 4 weeks prior to your date of examination.

• R0B0C0P
            R0B0C0P commented
            Editing a comment
            email...they give you the free study guide with the coupon

• My exam is on da 15th of December, its gona be thanksgiving and I haven’t received anything
          NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
          CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
          Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
          BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
          Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
          JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
          Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
          Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
          Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

• Defy
            Defy commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you check your junk mail?

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Same test date and I got mine last week. Even if you get it the week before, it’s not much to study

• R0B0C0P
            R0B0C0P commented
            Editing a comment
            check your junk mail or call them...

also did you pay for the 40 dollars or get a waiver?

• https://www.officer.com/training-car...ill-be-trained

Comment

• nybluuline
            nybluuline commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t think they would offer a new exam with all these different dates if they were looking to strictly hire just people that are cops now

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Eh don’t forget nybluu, these high demand tests are easy money grabs too

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            ZooKeeperOEF Yup I know he has no say. Rollovers play a factor as well.

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            The city academy doesn't need room for 250 additional recruits. Hiring has never been that large in one shot. The

For years MNRRPD and LIRRPD used other academies. Hiring was generally done with small numbers and there was no problem with this. However, since the merger that created MTAPD they've used ONLY the city academy. Why? I don't know. Probably for consistency in training, but who knows. It's been 20 years since other academies were used and those processes and relationships ended then. They have to start from scratch again setting things up to be able to use Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester County academies.We should have our own academy but that's easier said than done and even if it's decided to do that now it'll be a year or two minimum before it would be ready to go.
            Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM.

• Anybody here recommend getting the enhanced/extended study guide version for the written test...?

Been contemplating...but its kinda steep for both of the online version...25/35 bucks...#brokeboi

Anyone who got it and took the test...think its worth it?

that's not even mentioning the jobtestprep 3 months worth of practice tests @ https://www.jobtestprep.com/mta-police-exam-prep

for 80-90 bucks..
          Last edited by R0B0C0P; 11-22-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• It’ll cost them a lot less to hire former law enforcement so who knows what they do, plus they want those cops into the subways ASAP

Comment

• R0B0C0P
              R0B0C0P commented
              Editing a comment
              MTAPD is taking back their subways right?

• Hey guys, I’m set for the dec 15th date, I work as an aide in the NYPD, not that it matters. Anyway, my coworker who also applied, got an email today saying she was not randomly selected at this time. I guess it is a lottery?

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment

• Fembot
              Fembot commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Bob! This is what their email said: "Unfortunately, you were not randomly selected for the Police Officer's written examination at this time. Please check your email on a periodic basis for updates as you may be invited in the near future. We wish you the best in your career pursuits." Maybe they mean that she's not selected to take it this year?

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              It could be but I have no idea what it really means.

• nevermind!
            Last edited by R0B0C0P; 12-02-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Hey bob. When do you presume the next wave of written exam emails go out? December probably. Right?

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              I cannot answer that question. As far as I know there are no firm dates yet for the January exams. I would expect that emails would go out as soon as the dates are set, or shortly afterwards.

• So I guess it’s safe to say that if we did not get an email stating that we were not randomly selected to take the exam, then we still have a shot at getting a future email to take the exam. So no news is still good news right?

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but I was told that everyone who applies will be taking it. I'm not 100% convinced of that at this point. I'm trying to find out more information.

• Good afternoon, I’m currently in the nypd academy and took the test for mta. When I signed up for the test I put no prior law enforcement experience, however by the time there will be a mta academy I will be done with nypd academy. Going foward with mta is there any other chance I can tell them I’m current law enforcement. Thank you!

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
              ZooKeeperOEF commented
              Editing a comment
              If you pass the written and get selected to begin the process you can tell your investigator you're on the job. Until then I suggest you concentrate on graduating the NYPD first.

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you take the test? Recently?

I don't know how it works with the Internet-based information but is there any way to update your information online? How are you supposed to let the MTA know about things like address changes, for instance?
              Last edited by HighwayBob; 12-03-2019, 10:36 AM.

• glock17james
              glock17james commented
              Editing a comment
              i took the mta test in novemeber. i went online the mta website where i signed up for the exam and it only shows where to change address and etc.

• HighwayBob Just got an email stating that I was not randomly selected to take the written test at this time. They said I should keep a lookout in the near future if I am. Would they really send one in the near future or is this their way of saying wait till the next hiring phase. Thanks

Comment

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I’m surprised mta didn’t jump on the money grab train, it would benefit the dept anyways.

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              I doubt that the Police Department sees any of that money.

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              of course not, either way MTA wouldve banked on making it an open-competitive

• R0B0C0P
              R0B0C0P commented
              Editing a comment
              if you get 100k applicants...at 4 dollars a pop...just to take the exam...thats 4 mill in money for the mta...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6875 users online. 358 members and 6517 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X