Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HighwayBob happy to hear it bob. You restored some hope. Haha. Where did you find out that info?

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a secret
      Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 12:57 PM.

Today got an email from the MTA saying that I didn’t reply to the first email but I did make a payment. But in the second email says if I make a payment to not respond the email, but now I’m a little confused so the response email from me was supposed to be the payment confirmation right? Or did had to answer back after making the payment?
    Last edited by Bidstar; 11-05-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly lol, I guess this email was because people who received it for the 12/15 exam either didn't pay or didn't see it. I know I paid and registered as long as we have that confirmation # we'll be alright.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got off the phone with business service center and as long as you submitted payment you’re good

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Great thank you

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent thanks @xnuckles

So at this point no email is still a good thing right? I was told that for those who are not selected they will receive an email stating such. Just trying to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by PD3090 View Post
      So at this point no email is still a good thing right? I was told that for those who are not selected they will receive an email stating such. Just trying to confirm.
      As stated before they will be another batch for January so you still have a chance

Comment

My other email got an offer to take the test for December 15th as well.
        Exams Taken:
        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
        NYPDPC Exam 2214
        APD5- Complete
        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
        Mini Med - ?

Comment

Last edited by Mandony; 01-21-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. I placed a call just in case. As long as your payment is submitted, just wait for test email

Anybody knows how many push ups do we need to do for the physical? It is 30 in one minute right?

Comment

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Corey1886 alright not that bad. But that 1.5 mile run tho. I need to work more on that atm I can only run it in like 19 minutes

• Corey1886
            Corey1886 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bidstar practice practice practice. i'm not sure what the probability of a civilian being hired but if you are one, we definitely have to train a little harder.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            [delted.....
            Last edited by Bidstar; 11-10-2019, 01:39 PM.

• Corey1886
            Corey1886 commented
            Editing a comment
            deleted...
            Last edited by Corey1886; 11-11-2019, 08:06 AM.

Just took and passed physical today (2016 exam) my advice to you guys is once you get a passing grade start working out. About half failed today from what I am hearing. It’s not an easy physical especially dealing with the elements (sprint and run outside in the cold weather). If anyone ever has any questions feel free to PM me as I don’t mind paying it forward and helping out with info.

Comment

Originally posted by MLNY95 View Post
            Just took and passed physical today (2016 exam) my advice to you guys is once you get a passing grade start working out. About half failed today from what I am hearing. It’s not an easy physical especially dealing with the elements (sprint and run outside in the cold weather). If anyone ever has any questions feel free to PM me as I don’t mind paying it forward and helping out with info.
            I’m going to take test in December, I started practicing 2 weeks ago. But the running part might be the most difficult for me

Comment

• Segurosky3410
              Segurosky3410 commented
              Editing a comment
              Two weeks ago? You should been running for months. Body need time to adjust. Especially if your an older individual.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted.....
              Last edited by Bidstar; 11-09-2019, 08:00 PM.

• Are they done calling for the written test for 2020? Still haven’t heard anything. I’m otj, as well got called off the last one for the panel but didn’t make it past the panel unfort.

Comment

• nybluuline
              nybluuline commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe there’s still 2 more dates

• And we’re confirmed!

Comment

• Originally posted by xknuckles View Post
              And we’re confirmed!
              I also got the same email I jumped out of my chair lol

Comment

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lmao. I'm happy for ya. Hopefully i get another shot

• Bidstar
                Bidstar commented
                Editing a comment
                You still have another shot with the batch for January 2020 Segurosky3410 good luck!

• Segurosky3410
                Segurosky3410 commented
                Editing a comment
                Train your *** off so u no room for doubt on your fitness. I submitted the app the first time and got rejected bc it ask me if i had a NYS drivers license i dont bc im out of state lol. Then resubmit and put yeah because didn't leave no other choice. Let's see.

• Bidstar
                Bidstar commented
                Editing a comment
                Hell yeah That’s what I’m doing Segurosky3410 I’m running 4 days a week and doing push ups like crazy I want to get there confident knowing that I’ll get through the PT

• Hi, I see you guys talking about the fitness test. For us taking the written December 15 when will we do the fitness test? From what I have heard is 3-4 months after written?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mandony View Post
                Hi, I see you guys talking about the fitness test. For us taking the written December 15 when will we do the fitness test? From what I have heard is 3-4 months after written?!
                There is no standard time frame. I would expect it to be sooner. Since you may not have much notice I suggest getting in shape. I believe they want to give 30 days notice, which isn't a whole lot of time if you're totally out of shape.

Comment

• Bidstar
                  Bidstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is the reason I’m preparing right now even tho my written is in December 15. By the time they notice me I will be ready

• watching the MTA board live webcast on youtube. Apparently the new hires are filling in spots for fair evasion aswell as riding the trains mta, lirr, and metro north and to counter terrorism. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p3YAWhCOSI

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We really don't ride trains these days and we have a dedicated unit for counter-terrorism.

New hires (and it's up in the air WHERE they would report out of) would be used to fill fare evasion and homeless detail vacancies, at least for the rest of their first year - at which time they get to bid jobs for the following year.

Generally they will also have some new people filling vacancies left open by retirements.

• Mike_lowrey
                  Mike_lowrey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Approximately at what minute did they speak about that ? If you recall? Thanks

• xknuckles
                  xknuckles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HighwayBob youre the man for being so active and relaying us info constantly

• Corey1886
                  Corey1886 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mike_lowrey you can catch it around 3:30:05 where they talk about the current and expected duties. HighwayBob thanks for always updating us. It is much appreciated.
                  Last edited by Corey1886; 11-15-2019, 12:40 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7506 users online. 400 members and 7106 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X