Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize in advance if this question is not allowed. Has anyone gotten a BI home visit from the MTA lately? I’m wondering if that’s still protocol with Covid. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      It still is part of the investigation

• Mcandidate123
      Mcandidate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      @simple have you gotten your home visit in the recent times?
      Last edited by Mcandidate123; 12-04-2022, 11:41 PM.

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are still doing them.

• Mcandidate123
      Mcandidate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thank you for being active here

• I heard letters are going out

Comment

• Can anyone tell me about the hybrid threat unit? What are the requirements to get into that unit?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      That unit is compromised of a very small number of people. I believe it is on its way out as a unit unknown for sure though.

• Is it lateral transfer for NYPD?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you still have to go through the whole process though.

• Has anyone here whom went for the background investigation on 11/10/2022 heard anything since then ? I submitted my paperwork and have not heard anything since.

Comment

• Mcandidate123
      Mcandidate123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting but I assume it is also the holidays

• Does anyone have a number for MTa police HR department I have a question about my application. Can’t seem to find one online. Thank you

Comment

• Is the selection for the written test a random lotto selection like PAPD ?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is, and the results for the test are pass/fail

• New to this MTA process sorry if this was asked before. So in 2019 I wasn’t selected to even take the test but I just got the email to take the one in February of 2023. Are they allowing everyone to take it this time around? Also how does the list work, do veterans or current LEO get extra points or it’s just pass or fail? TIA

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        There has been no say if it is a lottery to take the exam this time, historically with the test being given they are a lottery. Veterans nor LEO get extra points. It’s a pass or fail exam.

• no more polygraph

Comment

• Ingridapples123
        Ingridapples123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you asking or is this confirmed?

• There is indeed no polygraph for posting # 103907 which is this current notice according to their website. Post-exam, a Cooper fitness test, panel interview, background, medical, and psych evaluations are what's completed. Top pay is also $109,978 after 9 years according to the updated website, before the update it was showing $100,368 after 7 years. They came by John Jay and talked about their 3 day work week (4th day in last week of their 21 day cycle) and weekly pay, it sounds pretty good

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
        ZooKeeperOEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Imagine not having the same bidding rights as every other cop on the job because you're not CT POST certified. What does the PBA have to say

• vc859
        vc859 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think that the chances of a new hire successfully bidding the CT zone would be around zero. I also think that MOS hired without a poly would still be able to bid for CT, they would just need to pass the poly before the transfer becomes effective, same as having to pass a more in-depth PT test before going to ESU etc.

• ZooKeeperOEF
        ZooKeeperOEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Vc859 what makes you think new hires won't be able to bid a CT job? You must have not seen the 2023 bid.

• vc859
        vc859 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't mean to say that new hires couldn't bid CT, just that I figured that it would be something a lot of senior people would jump on and get it over new hires.

• Originally posted by MTAPD022 View Post
      Top pay is going to 118,000 in March as well
      Top pay is $118,000 base. A Tours which is 7am-7pm, with longevity pay, holiday pay, and uniform pay is $130k total pay walking in the door, and B Tours, which is 7pm-7am is $140k with longevity pay, holiday pay, uniform pay, and night differential. So walking in the door with no overtime those are the numbers after 9 years.

Comment

• This is a long shot but does anyone know or have any insight if the Community college of the Air Force (CCAF) credits count towards the required 60 college credits? I have 34 from there would be a huge help

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
          ZooKeeperOEF commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as the college credits are accredited then I don't see why they won't accept them. If mta gives you a hard time you can have your credits from CCAF transferred over to a SUNY or CUNY school, then they would have to take it.

• I just heard after January there won’t be any more hires off of this test

Comment

• Stillz504
          Stillz504 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just another rumor. They have invested time and resources into this. Anything could happen.

• Hope everyone is having a great holiday and will continue to do so. Does anyone active know the exact date of the January academy?

Comment

• They are advertising quite a bit for this next test all over nyc. Is that a good sign that the hiring/processing will continue? I’m concerned about the mass hiring in a short amount of time. Hopefully it doesn’t come to a halt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 231 members and 3826 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X