Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing there will be more rollovers hired off of the last exam, just not putting in any academy classes of that exam. Any truth to that?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, all investigators were transferred out of applicants back into patrol or other positions

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
    No, all investigators were transferred out of applicants back into patrol or other positions
    That does not mean anything, as there are approximately 30 or so rollover candidates who are totally finished/processed but missed the cut for the last class. However, unfortunately, the current word going around is the 2021 list will most likely be killed off and the next hires will be off of the next exam, which is expected to be announced soon and administered at the end of the year.

Comment

• Simpleguy515
      Simpleguy515 commented
      Editing a comment
      The filing period is out and it is not posted.

• Due to a lot of movement and logistical aspects within the MTAPD, the exam announcement and exam date is TBD. It is still expected to be announced by the end of the year and administered not long after. So far, over 12,000 people have signed up for the exam notifications; expect a large turnout for this test.

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      And out of those 12k people, only like 10 will get hired. Insane.

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
    And out of those 12k people, only like 10 will get hired. Insane.
    The numbers are indeed very small. Over 6000 people took the 2021 MTAPD exam and so far only 45 have been hired from that list, with a strong chance the list is killed off either before or after one more small rollover group.

Comment

• I have my background check in 3 weeks, I’m a little worried because i have 42 credits but I have 18 credits of fema.. when I applied in 2019 it never stated that fema wasn’t accepted. Anyone else have the same issue ?

Comment

• MTAPD022
        MTAPD022 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in 2019 and it definitely stated that. You need 60 credits from an accredited college

• When did you get contacted about going in for your background check ?

Comment

• Ryanmackz92
        Ryanmackz92 commented
        Editing a comment
        September 23rd I got the email to meet with my investigator

• Ryanmackz92
        Ryanmackz92 commented
        Editing a comment
        September 18+

• Stillz504
        Stillz504 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for responding. I haven’t heard anything since June.

• It did say that, BUT now it’s stating that “emergency management institute is not an accredited college” before it just said 2.0 GPA.

Comment

• Apparently as per inside hiring with this next exam will continue for roughly 300 officers as the MTA is adding new districts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
          Apparently as per inside hiring with this next exam will continue for roughly 300 officers as the MTA is adding new districts.
          This is speculation; the Rego Park and East Side Access locations will not be open for the 2023 bid so there is not an immediate need for more officers. MTA is closing in on the 500 hires that they agreed to hire starting in 2019. They’ve hired roughly 350 of that 500- obviously with retirements and regular hiring there will be additional hires as well, but there is no set number for future hires at the moment. It is determined on a rolling basis as needed.

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
            ZooKeeperOEF commented
            Editing a comment
            So ESA won't be on the 2023 bid but it was on the 2022? Interesting

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            ESA is on this bid coming up. There will no be the rego park district that is soon to come

• Originally posted by ZooKeeperOEF View Post
          So ESA won't be on the 2023 bid but it was on the 2022? Interesting
          It will be on the bid, same as last year, but it will not be open in time for the start of the bid, potentially not for the entire bid. In which case the same as last year will also occur; those who bid it will be reallocated to GCT and Harlem.

Comment

• The department is preparing to post the MTA Police Officer position in mid October

Comment

• Question for rollovers that have passed every stage of the hiring process, but didn’t get hired in august: any of you get assigned a new investigator yet? Or know how to find out who your new investigator is?

Comment

• Lastest 60 bodies in January

Comment

• yankees2345
                  yankees2345 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think it’ll include that group of 20-30 rollovers that are all finished with their processes?

• New mta contract approved by the board today

Comment

• When’s the next MTAPD exam?

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
                    ZooKeeperOEF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    December 1

• Simpleguy515
                    Simpleguy515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    latest is filing will be 12/1 to 12/31

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1630 users online. 112 members and 1518 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X