Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As per an official bulletin put out by the MTA’s new chief, the August 17th rollover class will be 27 bodies. Final offers are expected to go out this upcoming week.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY Jets View Post
      Which portion of the process? Psych, Poly?
      Both.

Comment

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
        July rollover final offers are set to go out this week. The July class is 22 bodies and the August class will be 11.
        Damn 22 people out of like 20,000 who took this exam. The odds of getting with MTA are lower than winning the power ball.

Comment

• ericcartman34
          ericcartman34 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s hope that with the underwhelming number of hires, the next test doesn’t fall victim to the rumors about slowing down the hiring.

• Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer to this question. Does the age of 35 cut off to enter the academy apply to Lateral transfers? In other words as a LEO above the age of 35,would it be possible to lateral over to this department?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative 35 is top age to get in.

• LowerEastSide6
          LowerEastSide6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless you have prior military time. I’m not sure how many years they take into consideration, but you can indeed be older than 35 if you have time.

• Stillz504
          Stillz504 commented
          Editing a comment
          On the mta site you have to be no older than 35 by the date of the exam

• Any rollovers get a final offer?
        Exam# 3309

Comment

• Final offers for the rollover class will be going out in 2 waves today. One is being sent out at the moment and the other will be around 7pm tonight. Good luck and congrats!

Comment

• Congratulations to all who received final offers. The current word circulating is no more classes until next year after the August class. This is subject to change of course. I will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Comment

• T-Mac109
              T-Mac109 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes got mine and so did two guys I work with

• My recommendation to everyone who did not get called at all or did not get called for further processing off of the 2021 exam- sign up for the next exam when it comes out. The word I’ve been hearing is the 2021 list is being killed off with no more classes being hired off of it.

Comment

• ericcartman34
              ericcartman34 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is probably a tough question to answer, but do you have any hope for a decent amount of hires with the next exam, given the rumors of a hiring freeze?

• The new chief just stepped in. Apparently wants to figure things out before hiring. There is a filing that is in September 1st. Hiring supposed to pick back up off that next exam beginning of next year.

Comment

• anyone know whats going on ….. I completed my background in may/june and never heard another word, a few guys I work with are in the same boat ….. this seems pretty unfair, I know a few people who I was up to speed with that ended up making the class. any word of new classes? this job seems like a pipe dream at this point, I’m rotting away in the city and can’t last much longer at that **** job ….. nypd is just absolutely sickening and keeps getting worse

Comment

• Originally posted by gman444 View Post
                anyone know whats going on ….. I completed my background in may/june and never heard another word, a few guys I work with are in the same boat ….. this seems pretty unfair, I know a few people who I was up to speed with that ended up making the class. any word of new classes? this job seems like a pipe dream at this point, I’m rotting away in the city and can’t last much longer at that **** job ….. nypd is just absolutely sickening and keeps getting worse
                MTAPD is an extremely hard job to get, it is not as simple as getting into somewhere like NYPD, and that’s for a reason. Great pay and a ton of overtime, amazing benefits, fantastic schedule, etc. Each step is considered a lottery, and you passing a certain step does not guarantee a call back to continue processing. Those who get the job are incredibly fortunate and are part of a small and very very lucky group. Hiring is currently being frozen for MTAPD until next year and you unfortunately just didn’t make the cut at the moment. That doesn’t mean you won’t get called to continue in the future.

Comment

• Sarudo
                  Sarudo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does that mean the September 1st application date is suspended until further notice?

• Originally posted by Sarudo View Post
                Does that mean the September 1st application date is suspended until further notice?
                From what I’ve been told the exam is still being given but hiring is not expected to start again until sometime next year or potentially longer. The group of 27 that was just sworn in was told they would be the last hires for awhile.

Comment

• Sarudo
                  Sarudo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay. Thank you for keeping us all up-to-date.

• Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
                From what I’ve been told the exam is still being given but hiring is not expected to start again until sometime next year or potentially longer. The group of 27 that was just sworn in was told they would be the last hires for awhile.
                For awhile??? Wow looks like the guys like me who got halted midway got the shaft….

Comment

• Is the exam taken online or in person?

Comment

• Simpleguy515
                    Simpleguy515 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In person if you get selected

• When will the exam be announced?

Comment

• MT373
                    MT373 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The website said there would be a posting September 1, but I checked yesterday and there was nothing

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3571 users online. 246 members and 3325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X