X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    And I assume you're a rollover.

Since you're already in contact with an investigator I would think you'd be best off getting info from him/her. If you want, PM me their name and maybe I can give you some insight on them.

Hopefully you won't have an issue with the polygraph - for some reason a lot of cops fail it! But generally you're over the hump and should get hired - question is when. I can't see it being later than the fall but what do I really know. They do need to get people on board due to retirements and the 100+ bodies they will need to man the new District 10 (Eastside Access).

There continue to be a good number of retirements from what I know, and next year will probably be a big one for people leaving too since there were a lot of people hired back in 2002 I know many that are counting down the days.
    Last edited by HighwayBob; 06-04-2021, 09:19 PM. Reason: typo

• Kris_
    commented on 's reply
    HighwayBob I apologize I do recall you stating such in earlier posts. And yes I am currently in the process. Already met with my investigator, panel, and completed the agility, as well as receiving the COE. Just missing the Medical, Poly, and both psychs.

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    No. Once again, I have been retired since September. I am not in regular contact with anyone in Applicants. I doubt any numbers are finalized as well as a specific date. Or if ANY rollovers will be hired then or if the hiring wave will be all new recruits. Are you going through the process now? If so, what step are you up to?

• Kris_
    replied
    HighwayBob Do you or anyone else know how many roll overs they are going to hire in July and what time frame in July? (Early-mid-end of July).

Leave a comment:

• L3o1112
    commented on 's reply
    I had my physical exam scheduled last yr june 2020 , i didnt attend i kick myself everyday for it smh columbia09. I am not worried about passing it tho. We good , i do wish they have another exam soon tho but i doubt they will

• columbia09
    commented on 's reply
    I’m right there with you I failed the push-ups by two. And now I can only hope that another exam comes out

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    No idea, it would depend on how many they need and if they need them quickly. Also dependent on the academy.

• ny71jo
    replied
    HighwayBob You have any idea of what type of numbers they would take civilian wise

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    I can't say. At one point a few years back (probably 4 or 5 years ago) they would do that but it hasn't happened since and I don't see it happening. But it may depend on how much hiring they need to do and how many eligible candidates they have left.

• Blueballoon28
    commented on 's reply
    So do you think it’s possible they might give people another shot at the physical ? Me being an example, I did excellent on everything but failed the 1.5 by a whole minute . Thank you

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    The shortest interval between tests is two years. It would depend on how many candidates they have left from the last test.

It was really stupid that they allowed people to take the written test based upon a lottery. The people in AI thought it was crazy to limit the number because based on prior experiences it would leave them with too few candidates.

I don't know what all the numbers are but I don't think they have that many left to choose from. Time will tell.

• columbia09
    commented on 's reply
    You think this will be grounds to have a new test?

• HighwayBob
    replied
    There have been a lot of retirements since I left in September and there are going to be a lot more this year and next. They need to fill these vacancies and more, especially with Eastside Access opening up - the district will have about 100 MOS assigned there.

Leave a comment:

• ZooKeeperOEF
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn't matter if it's online or on campus, as long as it's from an accredited college.

• MTAPD022
    commented on 's reply
    Yes theyre from an accredited college, but i saw on a older forum that online credits were not accepted, unsure if thats true or not

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3790 users online. 233 members and 3557 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X