• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace27
    commented on 's reply
    Oh ok makes sense . Assuming the number is around 20-40 at a time

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    There's a limit on how many can be hired and processed at the same time, especially rollovers. They have to go through some training (like qualification at the range) and there are a limited number of training staff and our facilities are small.

• Ace27
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I actually heard that too. From what I’ve heard also is that around 100 rollovers from Nypd are going in before end of summer so if that’s right maybe 50offers two separate times

• Kris_
    commented on 's reply
    I also heard that MTA doesn’t hire lots of people in one shot. They hire like 20-30 cops one week then another 20-30 cops the next week. That they split it up into groups. So if that’s accurate then some people should be getting that email pretty soon.

Have a feeling that now that they hired the civilians and are focusing on rollovers they are working out the hiring order and dates now.

• Ace27
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I’m thinking 20 something for the offer and 2-4 weeks for the hire date in august . Let’s see

• Surffish
    commented on 's reply
    I have a feeling letters will be coming out within the next two weeks I think the original hire date is going to be August

• Kris_
    replied
    Does anyone know an approximate date that Roll-Overs will be hired? Or when final offers will be sent out?

Also does anyone know how much notice will they give us in the final offer? i.e 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc…

Leave a comment:

• Val1989
    replied
    Just wondering if there is a no beard policy for the MTA? Does the MTA PD allow for short/neat beards once out of the academy?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    As an aside...

There was another thread started about qualified immunity being taken away from NYPD. That's not an issue for MTAPD, however criminal liability can be.

Our PBA, in conjunction with a criminal defense law firm, provides an optional legal defense plan. It's about 250 a year and the money is deducted from the two holiday checks, so you don't even miss it,

Under normal circumstances, if you end up being charged criminally due to actions you take while taking police action, you get legal representation to a point. Once (and IF) you are actually indicted that ends and you're on your own. This plan takes over at that point and basically provides you with everything - attorneys, all fees covered, expert witnesses, etc.

It's extremely cheap insurance and you'd be crazy not to take advantage of it, especially these days.

Keep it in mind if you get hired. It's really a no-brainer.

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    Not that I know of. If you get to take the test I'm sure they send sample questions like they used to in the old days.

• Ace27
    commented on 's reply
    Which sucks it’s open ended but I’m interpreting the start of august 2021 it expires lol and that sometime in July they have to send an offer

• Surffish
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah pretty much I was supposed to be hired in January to see CCRB hold me up which was bull**** allegation and my offer of employment stated an exact date. This one is open ended seems like it can end in the beginning of august or end of august.

• Ace27
    commented on 's reply
    So your old offer stated a specific date (feb 29)? These recent ones just say august but I assume if august then final offers will go end of July right before

• Surffish
    replied
    How far in advance did the offers go out? Also some one says that the conditional offer of employment ends in August I’m going through the process again because I got held up I read my other offer and it ended February 29 they gave a specific date they were hiring up to February 16 or 20. Forel rollovers we have to just figure out when does the conditional offer of employment exactly end at the end of August or the beginning of August

Leave a comment:

• superrobocop
    commented on 's reply
    ny71jo Did offers go out to rollovers also?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1699 users online. 119 members and 1580 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X