• ny71jo
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2021

There are civilians going in July...final offers went out

Comment

• Surffish
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

How far in advance did the offers go out? Also some one says that the conditional offer of employment ends in August I’m going through the process again because I got held up I read my other offer and it ended February 29 they gave a specific date they were hiring up to February 16 or 20. Forel rollovers we have to just figure out when does the conditional offer of employment exactly end at the end of August or the beginning of August

Comment

• Ace27
      Ace27 commented
      Editing a comment
      So your old offer stated a specific date (feb 29)? These recent ones just say august but I assume if august then final offers will go end of July right before

• Surffish
      Surffish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah pretty much I was supposed to be hired in January to see CCRB hold me up which was bull**** allegation and my offer of employment stated an exact date. This one is open ended seems like it can end in the beginning of august or end of august.

• Ace27
      Ace27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which sucks it’s open ended but I’m interpreting the start of august 2021 it expires lol and that sometime in July they have to send an offer
  • HighwayBob
    LEO Member
    • Feb 2019

As an aside...

There was another thread started about qualified immunity being taken away from NYPD. That's not an issue for MTAPD, however criminal liability can be.

Our PBA, in conjunction with a criminal defense law firm, provides an optional legal defense plan. It's about 250 a year and the money is deducted from the two holiday checks, so you don't even miss it,

Under normal circumstances, if you end up being charged criminally due to actions you take while taking police action, you get legal representation to a point. Once (and IF) you are actually indicted that ends and you're on your own. This plan takes over at that point and basically provides you with everything - attorneys, all fees covered, expert witnesses, etc.

It's extremely cheap insurance and you'd be crazy not to take advantage of it, especially these days.

Keep it in mind if you get hired. It's really a no-brainer.

Comment

• Val1989
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2020

Just wondering if there is a no beard policy for the MTA? Does the MTA PD allow for short/neat beards once out of the academy?

Comment

• Kris_
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2021

Does anyone know an approximate date that Roll-Overs will be hired? Or when final offers will be sent out?

Also does anyone know how much notice will they give us in the final offer? i.e 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc…

Comment

• Simpleguy515
          Simpleguy515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmaooo the guy worked for mta he just retired… welcome to the forum tho

• Azubi
          Azubi commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah he was mta so he would know a thing or two haha

• Surffish
          Surffish commented
          Editing a comment
          lol that’s fine I was just asking out of Curiosity. I’m drama free guys so don’t worry. Legitimately curious

• Ace27
          Ace27 commented
          Editing a comment
      • Azubi
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2017

Hopefully after the civilians go in this week they will start sending final offers for roll overs!!
        Last edited by Azubi; 07-06-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Kris_
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2021

Anyone knows if MTAPD are still doing home visits? And if they are you can’t get the final offer until after the home visit I’m assuming right?

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
            ZooKeeperOEF commented
            Editing a comment
            Home visits are conducted by your investigator so only they would know when and yes it's required before being hired since it's part of the background check.
        • papdrecruit17
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2017

I turned 35 y/o last May, can I still take the MTA police examination or am I too old ?

Comment

• GoBlue85
            GoBlue85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, there are exceptions, though, but I think you can only subtract years off your age for prior military and/or police service.

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            So then you're not a PAPD recruit then?

• columbia09
            columbia09 commented
            Editing a comment
            Regarding the military, I wonder how they treat the guard and reserves or is that age cutoff rule only applicable to active duty?

• ZooKeeperOEF
            ZooKeeperOEF commented
            Editing a comment
            columbia09 *Be at least 19, but not more than 35 years of age, as of the date of the examination. If you are older than 35 but have a period of active military duty or terminal leave, we subtract your time of service from your age. We will not subtract more than six years * Straight from the MTA website. Guard/Reserve time is not Active Military duty.
        • columbia09
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2013

Is there still a test happening in the fall or is it just for those who weren’t picked from the lottery last time ?

Comment

• columbia09
            columbia09 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks, they should’ve just had an open one and ended the lottery

• Chriscap345
            Chriscap345 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got the email last night to take it next month the written exam
        • KaOtiK
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2012

Was emailed last night for exam on august 8th. Wasn’t selected in original lottery, so this might be for the group who were left out.

Comment

• Lijames631
            Lijames631 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also got 3 emails for 3 different exam days.

• redstorm0205
            redstorm0205 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got 3 different emails as well for 3 different dates. Logged into my account and can’t find the hyper link to make the payment. Anyone else having this issue?

• Chriscap345
            Chriscap345 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had an issue on my iPhone had to use my iPad and it popped right up

• redstorm0205
            redstorm0205 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Tried it on my laptop and popped right up like you said
        • Simpleguy515
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2019

Did anyone who got the email update respond to any certain email or you just had to go in and make sure it was all up to date

Comment

• Zzopn
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2020

Is this test for the random lottery? No email here except for the email we got 2 weeks ago / phone call.

Comment

• Del C
              Del C commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep same.. hopefully get something soon!!
          • Zzopn
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2020

The emails you guys are receiving are for the random lottery to take the exam from the 2019 sign up?

Comment

• papdrecruit17
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2017

HighwayBob I was I was disqualified cause I had 2 suspension on my license. Just small suspension, nothing too crazy.

Comment

• HighwayBob
              HighwayBob commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no such thing as a small suspension. And TWO! Having suspensions shows a disregard for the law.

You're too old anyway, but even if you weren't you shouldn't be counting on getting hired with a record like that. It's way too competitive for them to take you.
          • papdrecruit17
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2017

The email I got last night was for me to pay the fee for the exam, I think once you pay the fee they’ll send you your exam date. I believe that’s how it works if I’m not mistaking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25396 users online. 65 members and 25331 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...