300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen189 sit-ups, 300m sprint, push-ups, 1.5 mile run
    you’ll have plenty of time between events as well.

Comment

• Hicknad101 it was indoor or outdoor ??

Comment

• Hicknad101
        Hicknad101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Outdoors, you do the sit-ups and push-ups in an area covered by a tent

• Hicknad101 thx bro I appreciate the info

Comment

• Kind of nervous about this physical only got one shot

Comment

• LowerEastSide6
          LowerEastSide6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Had a few guys from my command fail due to the sit-ups. Some of their sit-ups didn’t meet standards, so they ended up failing by a few. Apparently they don’t tell you which sit-ups/push-ups count. So try pushing for more than the required amount.

• Hicknad101
          Hicknad101 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not too bad man just keep preparing

• columbia09
          columbia09 commented
          Editing a comment
          I failed by two push-ups last summer and I’m regretting everyday since then with not properly preparing. Make sure you do everything together when you practice that was my flaw. By the time I did the push-up segment, I only did 27/29 and walked out kicking myself. I only hope that they give another test soon

• L3o1112
          L3o1112 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my physical exam scheduled last yr june 2020 , i didnt attend i kick myself everyday for it smh columbia09. I am not worried about passing it tho. We good , i do wish they have another exam soon tho but i doubt they will

• July 7 is the next NYPD academy class. Very good chance MTA will put in a class of civilians along with hiring roll overs.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          MTAPD has finished processing some civilians off of this exam already? I have my fitness test 6/12, do you know what step comes after?

• ZooKeeperOEF
          ZooKeeperOEF commented
          Editing a comment
          There's already a class of 50 civilians that went in last month. You still have alot more steps to go, in no particular order, Panel interview, meet your investigator, polygraph, written psych, oral psych, medical,

• Anyone have an idea of how many civilians are going to be put in July? Rumored 100

Comment

• For the physical do they stop you once you hit the number?

Comment

• Hicknad101
            Hicknad101 commented
            Editing a comment
            No. They don’t count out loud, nor do they tell you what you got at the end. If you did not pass you are directed elsewhere

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            So they make you go the full minute

• Do they allow you to wear a watch for you to pace yourself or anything

Comment

• Hicknad101
            Hicknad101 commented
            Editing a comment
            No sir they do not

• After you pass the physical you sit and wait for the next step. What that next step may be who knows. Interview most likely. Then meet with a background investigator. Along the way there is a written psych, oral psych, polygraph, medical and background. Steps can be in different order but usually they get your background going early on.

Comment

• lawsoflowes
            lawsoflowes commented
            Editing a comment
            Going for the MTA physical on saturday. NYPD emailed me to begin the process for hire im guessing for July academy. I would prefer MTA but would you suggest moving forward with NYPD for now incase MTA takes a while? Thanks.

• Coderedpl
            Coderedpl commented
            Editing a comment
            lawsoflowes same academy, do both. Go who calls first

• I went with nypd im in the academy. I got my physical this Saturday nothing wrong with having and contingency plan if mta works out I would just rollover.

Comment

• HighwayBob Maybe you know or anyone knows what date in July they are going to hire rollovers? Early-mid-end of July? I heard the COE expires in August ‘21 so I’m under the impression they are going to hire people in July. Can any one comment on this?

Comment

• Does MTA accept online credits? (Not from FEMA)

Comment

• Depends on what you mean by "Online credits" are those credits backed by a College or Univerisity?

Comment

• Originally posted by MTAPD022 View Post
                  Does MTA accept online credits? (Not from FEMA)
                  Depends on what you mean by "Online credits" are those credits backed by a College or Univerisity?

Comment

• MTAPD022
                    MTAPD022 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes theyre from an accredited college, but i saw on a older forum that online credits were not accepted, unsure if thats true or not

• ZooKeeperOEF
                    ZooKeeperOEF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doesn't matter if it's online or on campus, as long as it's from an accredited college.

• Ryanmackz92
                    Ryanmackz92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you ever find out about this? Because I am
                    In the same boat. Can’t seem to find an answer and they don’t tell me when I Inquire.

• There have been a lot of retirements since I left in September and there are going to be a lot more this year and next. They need to fill these vacancies and more, especially with Eastside Access opening up - the district will have about 100 MOS assigned there.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                    HighwayBob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The shortest interval between tests is two years. It would depend on how many candidates they have left from the last test.

It was really stupid that they allowed people to take the written test based upon a lottery. The people in AI thought it was crazy to limit the number because based on prior experiences it would leave them with too few candidates.

I don't know what all the numbers are but I don't think they have that many left to choose from. Time will tell.

• Blueballoon28
                    Blueballoon28 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So do you think it’s possible they might give people another shot at the physical ? Me being an example, I did excellent on everything but failed the 1.5 by a whole minute . Thank you

• HighwayBob
                    HighwayBob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can't say. At one point a few years back (probably 4 or 5 years ago) they would do that but it hasn't happened since and I don't see it happening. But it may depend on how much hiring they need to do and how many eligible candidates they have left.

• columbia09
                    columbia09 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m right there with you I failed the push-ups by two. And now I can only hope that another exam comes out

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33077 users online. 209 members and 32868 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X