Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys - for those who were wondering I’m a civilian - taking the physical agility tomorrow April 11th
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. I received the preparation email so I wonder if there are more dates. Civilian

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      If you received an email there will be more dates. They may not have them finalized yet but they will be coming. Be prepared - it's one part of the process that you have complete control over. I've seen many people fail and walk out in tears - especially current NYPD.

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks HighwayBob. You’re the main source of info on this thread aside from what we’re emailed. All the info you can give us from whatever you hear is greatly appreciated.

• HighwayBob By any chance do you (or anyone) know a projected month in which MTAPD will be hiring rollovers? I’m a current LEO with NYPD who passed the agility (physical) last summer. If not thanks anyways and also congrats on your retirement brother!

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! They have hired some rollovers since last summer. Not many but some. I probably worked the detail when you tested - I worked all of them until I left in September.

Things have been a little uncertain for the past year or so and I've been out of the loop. If I hear anything I'll let you guys know.

• Hi Guys - I want to share a post I shared on my social media - I hope it can help somebody.

People normally only share the good highlights of their life on social media. Today Im sharing an L turnt to a W For the past 4 weeks I been on a fitness journey,which began the moment I got an email inviting me to a physical fitness test for a sweet gig I had applied for. I immediately took my *** outside and began running.

That same day I picked up the phone and hired @saddiq.al @rksd_fitness I was completely inactive up until that point. I knew I had work to do. My *** was out of shape and could barely do anything of what was required. Sit ups, push ups, 300 meter sprint and a 1.5 mile run all which had to be done in a certain time limit.

Unfortunately I fell short by just a few seconds but damm proud of myself for how far I got in just 4 weeks. Sit ups, push ups, 300 meter run all passed with ease just failed the run by a couple of seconds.

Anyway I could say I didn’t have enough time to prepare but truth is I did. From the moment I applied, I knew the requirements and decided to just chill until I got the call. This goes for anything in life people, stay ready so you don’t have to get ready. I failed to stay ready and I deserved this.

On the bright side, it was a nice wake up call. I improved a lot these past 4 weeks. Fitness will be a part of my lifestyle now. My motivation to be fit shouldn’t have been based on a test. As the saying goes, health is wealth and from now on I plan to be one wealthy MF.
    I can, I must, I will !

Comment

Last edited by NYPDpoQNS; 04-11-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        No smart *** I’m not looking for a Pat on the back of you read it said hope to help someone.... I took it as win .. I’m making well over 100k for the MTA already with a pension just not as a cop ... good luck getting your pension

• If you were disqualified for the PT test, can you reapply when the next test comes out ?

Comment

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but remember nothing guarantees you’ll get called to take the test

• NYPDpoQNS Just to make it clear because smarty pants like this one didn’t seem to understand my last post.

I’m trying to encourage somebody that’s just still sitting waiting for the email to take the fitness. I did super well in all the portions and like I said shy just a few seconds in the 1.5 mile run

Fortunately - I have a pension, I am making 6 figures, I drive trains for a living - I applied for mta police for the love and respect I have for law enforcement but grateful and blessed to be doing what I’m doing.
      I can, I must, I will !

Comment

• lawsoflowes
        lawsoflowes commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear you did not make it through but you did the physical today on a sunday? Thought it was only during the week thats actually really convenient.

• Josel1992
        Josel1992 commented
        Editing a comment
        lawsoflowes yeah today

• lawsoflowes
        lawsoflowes commented
        Editing a comment
        How many weeks before did they email you

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're an engineer or a motorman?

I field trained a cop who is now a sergeant and he had just finished the training for LIRR engineer. Everyone was amazed that he left that job. He said that no one leaves that job and even with 20 years on he'd probably still have lousy seniority so he made the jump.

As far as the PFT goes, I was worried about the run since I never ran in my life other than playing outside as a kid. I started working out as soon as I took the test. Back then there was no dash, instead it was a "sit and reach" which also caused me a problem since it seemed no matter how much stretching I did I couldn't improve. I probably barely passed that but aced the run. The sit-ups and push-ups weren't an issue for me.

• How much break was in between the different sets in the exam was it consecutive.

Comment

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a minimum. I forget what it is. I believe 7 minutes. The reality is that once the tests start moving along. You'll get a lot more than that.

• Sooooooooooo when should the next written test be administered?

Comment

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        Should? Doesn't mean anything. There are no current plans.

• Apparently there is a small April Class going in. I believe mostly rollovers/military. Hopefully, after this class goes in they start to focus on a summer class with more civilians. Seems they are trying to get on that track with the recent physical testing. HighwayBob Is MTA still going to go on track with NYPD classes? Ex: July?

Comment

• Originally posted by ny71jo View Post
        Apparently there is a small April Class going in. I believe mostly rollovers/military. Hopefully, after this class goes in they start to focus on a summer class with more civilians. Seems they are trying to get on that track with the recent physical testing. HighwayBob Is MTA still going to go on track with NYPD classes? Ex: July?
        Rollovers and military are not grouped together. Military is civilian and must go through a police academy.

I have no idea what the plan is for a hosting academy or when.

Comment

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          As per one of the officers - they hoping for a July class with nypd

• I am currently in the NYPD academy and received the preparation email. Does anyone know how that process would go for me if I’m afforded the opportunity?

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          You go through the same process as everyone else does. I'm not sure what you mean.

• Anyone who was at the physical this past weekend...how many passed?

Comment

• HighwayBob i private messaged you.
          Last edited by MTAPD022; 04-13-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• got the email last week to take the physical may 15th. anyone else?

Comment

• Still waiting for mines.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4788 users online. 260 members and 4528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X