Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rumor going around that mta academy going to be in new nassau academy april? may? june?

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Very doubtful Nassau will take recruits after what we did to them. "Rumor" going around that it'll be NYPD again. June time frame.

• Gm does anyone know if they are going to call anymore civilians off the 2019 test. Currently I'm processing for NYPD.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      GM, I would love to know the same. I’m awaiting an academy date for FLETC. NYPD 0320 is processing really fast for me now too, I’m still trying to hold out for MTAPD if possible.

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      The plan is to hire civilians. Is it a guarantee? You decide.

• Any word on rollovers. Kid I work with just got hired. Said it was only 25 and they plan to hire only another 25 soon. No info on the rest of the 175 that are left from 2019 exam.

Comment

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Supposed to be 50 or so. They'll probably keep using the 2019 test for a while. I don't see them giving another test this year.

• Mclane33
      Mclane33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any new info for this month on a potential group going in.

• When I applied and took the test in 2019 I was a civilian. I passed but never received further notice. Now I’m a PO. Can I update my status and if yes how? Thanks!

Comment

• Your in gd standing i would call the mta bsc and tell them. That's real good im trying to im processing for nypd.

Comment

• Any word on when we will be hearing from our new investigators?

Comment

• Just saw an article that said mta wants to resume hiring everyone that was put on hold in our process. They want to hire 500 cops.

Comment

• Gm HighwayBob sir can you confirm this info about hiring resuming.

Comment

• There was never any hold put on hiring. Things just slowed down while certain decisions were made.

The "500" that the Post article is referring to INCLUDES the approximately 160 that were already hired, so an additional 500 will not be hired, unless something else changes.

Obviously, subway crime has been a hot topic lately and I'm not sure it's going away anytime soon. I am not aware of the latest news concerning the overnight subway details we have been involved in since I have been retired since September, but other news indicates that the overnight shutdown currently in effect will be shortened by two hours which shouldn't have an effect on the detail for now, but there are plans to restore 24/7 service in the near future.

Much more will depend on whether Cuomo weathers the current storm surrounding his deceptive behavior, since our presence in the subway system seemed to be fueled by his feud with DiBozo.

When NYPD took over TPD in 1996, TPD strength stood at about 4000. NYPD pledged to maintain that personnel level in the Transit Bureau, but instead over the years cut it in about half. There are calls now by the MTA for NYPD to add at least 1000 uniforms to TB. Will MTAPD be utilized to fill more gaps? Unknown at this time.

Comment

• Thank you sir enjoy your retirement

Comment

• I got a new investigator and they setup a meeting with me for this week. It was then rescheduled to the end of the month. 5 mins later he calls me back and says the bosses just said cancel all upcoming appts. Seemed a little weird with the timing. Next step would have been a coe

Comment

• New investigators? Why were you assigned new investigators..

i was unable to attend physical when i was scheduled in july 2020 so i withdrew would it be possible to be lumped in with others who still have to take physical or has that shipped sailed. When will they be hiring again ?

Comment

• Mclane33
                    Mclane33 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My old investigator was transferred. I was assigned to a new one.

• Val1989
                    Val1989 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mclane33 I was informed that I would be getting a new investigator as well.

Did your new investigator reach out? I’m still waiting to hear from him/her.

Also, does anyone have a contact # for the office so inquire about this?

• Mclane33
                    Mclane33 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah investigator reached out. Scheduled another interview even though I met with my original investigator already. Then rescheduled. Then 5 mins after rescheduling he called me and told me they just informed him that all meetings are on hold until further notice.

• Mclane33 Are you MOS?

Comment

• Mclane33
                    Mclane33 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That I am, yes.

• HighwayBob I believe around 200 passed the physical on the two dates in July. I am not positive on how many were rollovers versus civilian. Can anyone confirm how many were processed for the two physical dates this past summer?

Comment

• You're asking way too late. I worked both details and had the numbers but don't remember now. I think it was less than 200 who passed. And I don't remember how many showed up.

It seemed like most were rollovers but I have no way to know for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2953 users online. 167 members and 2786 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X