Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nassau25
    replied
    Due to a lot of movement and logistical aspects within the MTAPD, the exam announcement and exam date is TBD. It is still expected to be announced by the end of the year and administered not long after. So far, over 12,000 people have signed up for the exam notifications; expect a large turnout for this test.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    The filing period is out and it is not posted.

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by Simpleguy515 View Post
    No, all investigators were transferred out of applicants back into patrol or other positions
    That does not mean anything, as there are approximately 30 or so rollover candidates who are totally finished/processed but missed the cut for the last class. However, unfortunately, the current word going around is the 2021 list will most likely be killed off and the next hires will be off of the next exam, which is expected to be announced soon and administered at the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    No, all investigators were transferred out of applicants back into patrol or other positions

• yankees2345
    replied
    Hearing there will be more rollovers hired off of the last exam, just not putting in any academy classes of that exam. Any truth to that?

Leave a comment:

• MT373
    commented on 's reply
    The website said there would be a posting September 1, but I checked yesterday and there was nothing

• patrykm1995
    replied
    When will the exam be announced?

Leave a comment:

• Simpleguy515
    commented on 's reply
    In person if you get selected

• MT373
    replied
    Is the exam taken online or in person?

Leave a comment:

• gman444
    replied
    Originally posted by nassau25 View Post
    From what I’ve been told the exam is still being given but hiring is not expected to start again until sometime next year or potentially longer. The group of 27 that was just sworn in was told they would be the last hires for awhile.
    For awhile??? Wow looks like the guys like me who got halted midway got the shaft….

Leave a comment:

• Sarudo
    commented on 's reply
    Okay. Thank you for keeping us all up-to-date.

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarudo View Post
    Does that mean the September 1st application date is suspended until further notice?
    From what I’ve been told the exam is still being given but hiring is not expected to start again until sometime next year or potentially longer. The group of 27 that was just sworn in was told they would be the last hires for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Sarudo
    commented on 's reply
    Does that mean the September 1st application date is suspended until further notice?

• nassau25
    replied
    Originally posted by gman444 View Post
    anyone know whats going on ….. I completed my background in may/june and never heard another word, a few guys I work with are in the same boat ….. this seems pretty unfair, I know a few people who I was up to speed with that ended up making the class. any word of new classes? this job seems like a pipe dream at this point, I’m rotting away in the city and can’t last much longer at that **** job ….. nypd is just absolutely sickening and keeps getting worse
    MTAPD is an extremely hard job to get, it is not as simple as getting into somewhere like NYPD, and that’s for a reason. Great pay and a ton of overtime, amazing benefits, fantastic schedule, etc. Each step is considered a lottery, and you passing a certain step does not guarantee a call back to continue processing. Those who get the job are incredibly fortunate and are part of a small and very very lucky group. Hiring is currently being frozen for MTAPD until next year and you unfortunately just didn’t make the cut at the moment. That doesn’t mean you won’t get called to continue in the future.

Leave a comment:

• gman444
    replied
    anyone know whats going on ….. I completed my background in may/june and never heard another word, a few guys I work with are in the same boat ….. this seems pretty unfair, I know a few people who I was up to speed with that ended up making the class. any word of new classes? this job seems like a pipe dream at this point, I’m rotting away in the city and can’t last much longer at that **** job ….. nypd is just absolutely sickening and keeps getting worse

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4217 users online. 261 members and 3956 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X