Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word of the 3rd exam being rescheduled yet?

Comment

• So at this point if you didn’t get an invite to take the exam it’s pretty much over with, does anyone knows if it’s is accurate?

Comment

• Unknown right now. I would think that it is dependent upon how many people get eliminated from contention during the next few months. Originally there were supposed to be more written tests this month but HR cancelled them without any explanation.

They may not be able to hire as many as needed with the number of people who took the written test so far. As far I can figure, fewer than 5000 people took the written tests in November and December. I don't know how many passed. Based on the percentage of candidates that usually get eliminated along the way that doesn't leave a large number available to get hired.

You all will just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Bob, should've been more specific. In regards to receiving a date for an interview. My sister just did hers last week (MOS) I have not received anything yet

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone just PM'd me that his GF took the December test and just got scheduled for a panel. You should be hearing something soon because as far as I know everyone who passed the written will get an interview.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again Bob

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          HighwayBob thanks, passed 3 weeks ago, I'll continue to patiently wait. Hopefully we do all get positive word.

• So I passed the November exam, but I’m currently a full time college student going to a school about 5 hours away from NYC. I won’t be graduating until next year. If I get notified of a date for a panel interview, should I inform them of my situation beforehand to see if I can put some kind of hold on my process until I move back to the area or should I just go through with the process and see what happens? Just worried that the commute from my school to NYC will be a big hassle during the whole process (if I’m lucky enough to continue forward).

Comment

• NY2TX
          NY2TX commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was 1 semester short of finishing my BA, I was going to defer going into the nypd academy. I decided to put my degree on hold. A degree can wait, a job can’t. If you want to go back and get your degree you’ll figure it out.

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're only 12 credits short then you can take those credits at another school and graduate that way.

• Swan5
          Swan5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I might be able to make that work then if I can find a college that offers the equivalent classes that I still need. Definitely something I’m going to look into since this will probably be my only opportunity to get this job. I appreciate the advice from everyone.

• ShonJohn
          ShonJohn commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do online classes

• I’ve heard that if you fail the Panel they typically get back to you within a few days to let you know failed and are out of contention. Anyone know if there’s truth to this? Waiting for the results is killing me lol

Comment

• ShonJohn
          ShonJohn commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by ShonJohn; 02-20-2020, 06:03 PM.

• If you’ve withdrawn or received a NOPD from NYPD, will MTAPD not take you?

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          NOPD? The only NOPD I know of is in New Orleans.

• Lo10mtn
          Lo10mtn commented
          Editing a comment
          HighwayBob a notice of proposed DQ from NYPD

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          "Proposed" DQ? I would think either you're disqualified or you aren't. What is the point to that?

It would depend on what you were disqualified for. I know someone who failed the NYPD psych and was hired no problem.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          HighwayBob idk why the dept does it. I got one too and fought it but lost. You can PM me if you want to know more

• Have any non LEO’s received a panel interview date? I know this was asked a few weeks ago when some LEOs I know were scheduled and already went. Thanks

Comment

• Tmin
          Tmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Any idea when there will be another wave of interviews ?

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no "next wave". Interviews have been going on non-stop since day one. I don't know how many more weeks they are projecting but I will try to find out.
          Last edited by HighwayBob; 02-05-2020, 06:56 PM.

• Johmramos
          Johmramos commented
          Editing a comment
          When I went for my interview it was all cops. However they said they alternate days where they just do cops and just do civilians.

• Lo10mtn
          Lo10mtn commented
          Editing a comment
          Non Leo. I had my panel on the 31st

• Still no panel interview and I passed the exam in November guess its going to be a long waiting game....
        Exams Taken:
        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
        NYPDPC Exam 2214
        APD5- Complete
        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
        Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fdovi View Post
          Have any non LEO’s received a panel interview date? I know this was asked a few weeks ago when some LEOs I know were scheduled and already went. Thanks
          HighwayBob
          I did see your comment about your friends girlfriend but that was it, didn’t specify if she was a civilian. I must have missed the other comment. Thanks for replying.

edit: located your comment on civilians being scheduled from the November test. Thanks!
          Last edited by Fdovi; 02-05-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I’ve been checking everyday my email still nothing . I passed the nov test also . I guess we have to wait a little bit more to get called for the panel interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fdovi View Post
              Have any non LEO’s received a panel interview date? I know this was asked a few weeks ago when some LEOs I know were scheduled and already went. Thanks
              Non LEO and had panel last month.

Comment

• Ex LEO here,

took the December Exam, Passed.

got the Panel Interview in Feb.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When are you scheduled?? I was told interviews have concluded and will probably start up again in a few months. Everything is backlogged.

• TeacupRider
                  TeacupRider commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HighwayBob my interview was last week.

• Lo10mtn & cmco what month was your test. November or December? Thanks

Comment

• cmco
                  cmco commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took it in November.

• Lo10mtn
                  Lo10mtn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  December test

• Originally posted by TeacupRider View Post
                Ex LEO here,

took the December Exam, Passed.

got the Panel Interview in Feb.
                Goodluck with your panel interview

Comment

• HighwayBob u mean there won’t be anymore interviews In the upcoming months?

Comment

• HighwayBob
                    HighwayBob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not for at least a few months.

• xknuckles
                    xknuckles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks as usual bob for the updates. Now I won’t have as much anxiety checking my emails lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1804 users online. 124 members and 1680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X