Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The test was definitely easy however you have to be careful how much time you spend on certain areas that might require a little more thought. Time management is key

Comment

• deleted....
      Last edited by Mike_lowrey; 12-15-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey1886 View Post
        The test was definitely easy however you have to be careful how much time you spend on certain areas that might require a little more thought. Time management is key
        Definitely time management is a huge for this test, I finished I think with 35 minutes left I believe I did pretty good, the study guide helped a lot

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Test is a breeze after the 80 questions. If you take long with the 120...you might not be sane to be a PO..lol

• xknuckles yeah it took me like 5 mins to finish everything after question 80 lol. Good luck guys

Comment

• Know someone who took the test in 2016 they are a current PO, got the email for 1/22/2020 to start. Anyone have any updates on more exams? I applied the first day we could register
          Last edited by LarryVille; 12-18-2019, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            If I hear anything I will let everyone know.
            Last edited by HighwayBob; 01-15-2020, 01:46 PM.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info Bob!

• I was told from a captain of the mtapd theyre looking to double the deparment

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Besides, the numbers speak for themselves. Even IF they hire 500 that would NOT double the size of the department.

Now I hear that only about 50 will be put in the subways. The rest are being hired in anticipation of numerous upcoming retirements as well as beginning to fill upcoming assignments in the new district which will cover the East Side Access underneath GCT.

• Mike248
            Mike248 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike_lowrey if theres 700 officers in mta right now, and theyre looking to hire 500, sums out to be about 1200, it almost doubles the department if they get near 1400 lol.
            Last edited by Mike248; 12-18-2019, 08:14 PM.

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Nowhere near doubling, especially if anticipated retirements occur.

The hiring they've done in recent years hasn't even kept up with retirements, now hopefully they'll get a bit ahead of the curve for once.

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike248 close enough but not half. My only concern is with 20k applicants off this job announcement & 3200 selected to test , what are my chances in a lottery with a passing score? Let's assume some who get selected for the fitness fail it is there a chance that I can be selected for the fitness if I don't receive an email at first?

• https://www.pix11.com/news/local-new...a-police-hires

HighwayBob

Is there really still a discrepancy on whether or not new officers will be hired? Apparently a vote on the decision will happen today.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Great, as it should be.

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            This is so stupid, let us 500 possible candidates be Jesus lol

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Half politics & half stupidity.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah xknuckles we just want a better life situation lol

• Just got a email saying I failed the written exam. Don’t know how but good luck to everyone else.

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Mini psych maybe

• Segurosky3410
            Segurosky3410 commented
            Editing a comment
            At least u got to take the exam

• Got an email, passed.

Comment

• Just got my email, passed the exam. Good luck to all who proceed to the next step.

Comment

• Those that received their results from the 11/17 exam date did it contain a score or just pail/fail? Also, did it say if you will proceed to the fitness test?

Comment

• Defy
                Defy commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s pass/fail. As for the next step, it’s basically another lotto. It states; Your successful completion of any step in the application process does not guarantee that you will be chosen for the next step.

• Mike_lowrey
                Mike_lowrey commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok cool & yeah I know its still a lottery. Just wondering if they tell you a fitness date along with your score.

• Congrats to those who passed. That was pretty fast, so us December guys should be getting ours next month then

Comment

• Originally posted by Defy View Post
                Just got my email, passed the exam. Good luck to all who proceed to the next step.
                Good to hear hopefully I passed for the December test fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by Defy View Post
                  Just got my email, passed the exam. Good luck to all who proceed to the next step.
                  I took the exam. I haven’t received any email yet.

Comment

• Reese1085
                    Reese1085 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took the exam on 11/17/19

• So I’m assuming once we receive our December results and if there no other tests then our list is established?
                  Last edited by xknuckles; 12-21-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6291 users online. 376 members and 5915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X