NYC Deputy Sheriff exam.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Deputy Sheriff exam.

Anyone take this exam last year in June? well I just got my test score back today and its a little weird.

I know once you finished the test you can mark your answers down so when the offical answers are released you can compare and see what you scored.

Anyway I only got 7 wrong on the test so I figured with a little calculations that my score would be 94%. Thats cool I thought but I got my offical score back today and it said I got a 79.2

However my list number is 171? how is that possible? nobody took the test? this is NYC, I know thousands took the test I'm assuming. Maybe the city administrative services use a different formula to score their test.

NYC Sheriff

Hmm...I took the exam...never heard anything back....but when I was the test site...there were prob only like 30 people there for the exam....the bigger group was there for NYC Corrections....

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet2020 View Post
      Hmm...I took the exam...never heard anything back....but when I was the test site...there were prob only like 30 people there for the exam....the bigger group was there for NYC Corrections....
      30? wow, I know the exam wasn't advertised in the chief.

You should be getting your results soon. I just got mines today actually, do you know how their hiring process is? I know they don't hire that many deputies but being 171 on the list I'm kinda nervous.

I assuming a lot more people took the test if not then I might as well chalk it up.

Comment

NYC Sheriff

Ok I received my result today....hmm 78?....and I thought I really did alot better than that...I don't know how DCAS calculates this exam...but I'm hoping I have a chance...from the little I hear its a good decent job....and as for the hiring process idk....any info would greatly help...

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet2020 View Post
          Ok I received my result today....hmm 78?....and I thought I really did alot better than that...I don't know how DCAS calculates this exam...but I'm hoping I have a chance...from the little I hear its a good decent job....and as for the hiring process idk....any info would greatly help...
          Well I just called Dcas today and it states that only 330 are eligible. I'm guessing we are in that 330, Depending on how many they are looking to hire and how many eligibles it takes to fill 1 seat in the academy I say we have a pretty good chance.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10514 users online. 413 members and 10101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X