300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS trooper physical ability test

Unfortunately it’s looking like I’m going to fail the physical ability test for the state troopers this weekend. I have been training hard but am struggling with sit ups. I just turned 30 and won’t be able to take the entrance exam again. Has anyone here failed the test and been called back again to a different processing weekend? I was told I would be called back for processing if I failed but it would be for a different academy class, assuming they are still canvassing the list from the entrance test I took.

Today is now Tues. You mean to tell us that you can't do 36 sit ups? Your accepting the Fail and expecting a second chance?? You don't get re-dos on the street kiddo.
    Start doing sit-ups every second you have. You had more than enough time to prepare.
    Last edited by nick0525; 09-10-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
      Segurosky3410 commented
      Editing a comment
      Facts, i agree with ur statement

Not making excuses for myself just curious if anyone has been invited to another processing weekend after failing the PAT. Thank you for your time.

Comment

How many do you have to do and how many can you currently do?

Comment

36 is what is needed to pass. I did 31 tonight. My upper body is pretty heavy which is why I think I’m struggling. I’m 6’2” 230lbs. I’ve been doing fasted cardio in the AM before work and cut my calories substantially trying to drop weight. I stopped weight training completely and have been doing sit ups every day until I can’t do them anymore and then some. I can do push ups for days but unfortunately the standards for that are pretty low so it doesnt matter.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
          Segurosky3410 commented
          Editing a comment
          Should been training for this moment, and not wait until you were called. I know life occurs, but that preparation mindset. It's amazing job, many ppl in my unit are troopers. They have told me ppl who have failed have gotten another chance, but DO NOT BANK on it. All u need is 36. 1 rep a sec. Breathing techniques. Don't go with a defeated mentally.

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t be doing sit ups every day, the muscles need time to recover and repair themselves. That’s how they get stronger. I’d try doing weighted sit ups (hold a 45 pound plate on your chest or dumbbell over your head) and do 4 sets of 15 or so with that. That’s how I’ve been training and I can rip through regular sit ups now with ease. When I did the sit up portion for Nassau County, I saw the instructors hair blowing in the wind with how fast I was going. Trying doing dragon flags as well.

I’ll just have to go and try my best. If I don’t get it I will continue training in hopes I will get called back for a different processing weekend.

Comment

• Segurosky3410
          Segurosky3410 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should always prepare even if they haven't called so you wouldn't feel this way. Your not the first nor the last. When it comes to PT exams, you just can't wing it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4813 users online. 214 members and 4599 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X