300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany County Sheriff and Port Jervis PD

I know they're two separate agencies, in two different locations. (Albany County Sheriff and Port Jervis)

However, I am taking both exams Sept 14th. I am currently NYPD and wanted to get as much info as possible on both.

Salary, Morale, Work Chart, etc etc etc.

Thanks.

Albany County Sheriff won't hire anyone who lives outside the county, and I believe that you have to have lived in the county for a certain amount of time even to take the exam. Is there any particular reason that you're testing with them?

Comment

• Patriot91
      Patriot91 commented
      Editing a comment
      It stated there was no residency requirement to take the exam though residents will get preference for muncipalities they reside in. Figured leave my options open.

I think it’s in the Public Officers Law that you have to be a resident of the county at the time of appointment. But I don’t think it’s in the law about taking the test, although some agencies have a policy about it.

I would take Albany County if given the choice of the two. It’s a bigger agency and they have more going on.

If you’re NYPD can’t you just lateral?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Patriot91
      Patriot91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd prefer PJ since it's way closer. Was just curious about details on each agency. But I am taking as much as I can to keep options open. Besides, coming from big I don't need big anymore lol.

Sadly, no. We can not lateral off our exams. We would prob have no cops left if we could. However, we just don't have to re attend an an academy if hired.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4940 users online. 223 members and 4717 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X