Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbp or nypd??

Hello all,

I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts regarding these two agencies. Which one would you pick and why? Who offers more in terms of benefits and salary? Which agency can lead you into an 1811 Special Agent position?

Do some research. Two vastly different agencies.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
      Mike_lowrey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm aware. I'm just curious as to what everyone else would choose.

It’s your choice, not ours. Ones a city Police, ones a Customs Officer. No part is similar.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The answer is the one that works for you....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
        Hello all,

I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts regarding these two agencies. Which one would you pick and why? Who offers more in terms of benefits and salary? Which agency can lead you into an 1811 Special Agent position?
        CBP 100%. The opportunity to transfer to hundreds of federal agencies, more locations to live,and get treated like an adult.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the honest feedback. I was just looking for insight and previously got smart unneeded remarks.

• Patriot91
          Patriot91 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got it man - and yea it's unnecessary for people to give juvenile remarks. People come on here for answers to questions that are difficult at best to find anywhere else.

CBP makes more money and has much better funding, would you rather work in an air conditioned airport catching people smuggling drugs? Or working the Rain/Snow/Heat with quotas and a mayor that doesn't support you?

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the honest feedback. I was just looking for insight and previously got smart unneeded remarks.

If the goal is an 1811, then go CBP. For no other reason than it starts the 6(c) clock and you can move to Boca Raton at 50 and golf and fish the remainder of your days...
        Gonads are useful for their purpose, but they are no substitute for brains.

-Paul Harvey

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment

Who's retirement is better in the long run ? Benefits included ?

Comment

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          Federal Leo retirement is 1.7%for each year of covered service for a Max of 20 years 34%. Then it's 1 %for each year after till Max age of 57. Unless you hire on under vra. Then there's no age cut off. If I'm not mistaken NYPD is still 50%after what 22.5 years?

Also with CBP we get double time overtime, shift differential of 15%or 20%depending on the hours we work. And Sundays if it's your regular day is time and a half.

• Patriot91
          Patriot91 commented
          Editing a comment
          In the long run NYPDs retirement is better. You virtually pay nothing into your healthcare, at 25yrs you get a pension that you hardly paid into with a COLA and a veriable supplement fund.

But with all this in mind, I don't think it's worth it - the moral and quality of life in the city is sub-par at best.
          You'll get treated as an adult with the feds.

Take my advice, don't go to the city. Once you are there taking days off will be difficult and it will be hard to process with other jobs.

I’ll go CBP, I prefer working in an airport catching drug smugglers making 120k a year. And they hiring people like crazy is better funded and the administration has your back. The city doesn’t.

Comment

• Stay Frosty
          Stay Frosty commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by Stay Frosty; 10-11-2019, 11:02 AM.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike_lowrey definitely, is a lot of pros and cons , but you ultimately decide what you want to do. NYPD retirement is now after 22 years with cbp you do 20 but is a decision you need to make if you like patrol go nypd if you like more of being a security type agent go cbp

• Mike_lowrey
          Mike_lowrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man, ultimately feds is my goal someday i want an 1811 gig so better off starting my time with CBP. Iv'e heard JFK is busy with action 24/7 anyway.

• Bidstar
          Bidstar commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike_lowrey of course! JFK is very active you will not be bored there

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9949 users online. 480 members and 9469 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X