300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living In Jersey

Are Nypd Officers Allowed To Live In Jersey I Know You Have To Have A Ny Drivers License But Can You Live Jersey After You Get Hired
    on the job.....

Negative. Gotta be in New York.

Comment

when you become an officer you get a gun license for the state that you are an officer in (i.e. NY) you are not allowed to go into another state with your weapon unless you get permission or you let someone know you will be coming..........i guess its sort of like being out of your jurisdiction

Comment

Wannabe....please don't post unless you have accurate info.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          Wannabe....please don't post unless you have accurate info.
          Dinosaur, you are always so polite in your replies.
          How do you do it?
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeNYPD View Post
            when you become an officer you get a gun license for the state that you are an officer in (i.e. NY) you are not allowed to go into another state with your weapon unless you get permission or you let someone know you will be coming..........i guess its sort of like being out of your jurisdiction
            This has nothing to do with the original question.

No you can not live in New Jersey and be employed with NYPD. go to their recruitment website and it shows you where you are allowed to reside. They have units that actually see where you reside while you are in the Academy. They will catch you if you are living in NJ...big brother is always watching.

"wannabe"...your information is completely inaccurate about getting a "gun license", which is not required.
            Last edited by irishlad2nv; 05-04-2007, 11:57 AM.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Yeah I am gonna have to agree with dinosaur and irishlad on that one:

WASHINGTON - Today, in a Roosevelt Room Ceremony the bill which we have come to know. simply as H.R. 218 was signed into law by President George W. Bush. Also known as the "National Concealed Carry for Cops" legislation and the "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004," this new law allows law enforcement officers to carry their weapons while off duty between states.

Comment

This is the link to the HR 218

http://njlawman.com/Feature%20Pieces/HR%20218.htm

Comment

Slowdownthere.......I've been doing this for 34 years (getting out at the end of June) and I never like to see any one embarass himself, especially youngsters. There have a number of times in other forums where I just wanted to open up on a poster but have held back, especially if the post was an obvious mistake. We all make mistakes.

Comment

Oh Yeah Dinosaur much respect goes to you for doing your part in this state. I am also waiting to be called for NY Courts but TBTA is most likely to get me to their academy because i passed all the stages of their hiring process and was supposed to go into the academy on feb12 but they filled up the class and i was 3 numbers short so i am gonna be in June academy most likely.

Comment

Dinosaur, you are always so polite in your replies.
                      How do you do it?.................THANKS............Dino no need to get angry.........just some wrong info..............obviously you know more...........because you are on the job......

Comment

Wannabe....I admire your ambition and wish you the best in your career. A bit of advice for all the young 'uns.....most of the info you need has already been posted here and on other boards....use the search feature....and pay attention to us graybeards....we may not have as much fire in the belly these days....but for the most part we have been there and done that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6310 users online. 382 members and 5928 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X