300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suffolk county ny deputy

does anyone have any idea were the suffolk county sheriffs office is in their hiring process for the 2004 exam. i know there was just a class of deputies that graduated in march. i recieved about an 88 and and was wondering if they will get to that number. i was also wondering how the processing phase works and how long in advance do they process before the academy.
    thanks

I got a 90 on that exam and I got called for orientation last month If I remember right. I was told that this would probably be the last class for that exam list.alot of people left the orientaion before it was over myself included it was not the job I thought it was between union issues and there current contract for new hires I decided not to pursue. I must admit I like their sheriff vehicles......typical investigation process...orientation, pt exam 2 weeks to a month later after that you would have to ask someone else but you do have your back ground investigation that will take probably 6 months and you have medical review and psych test, no lie detector with sheriffs department I believe...good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rouge303 View Post
      I got a 90 on that exam and I got called for orientation last month If I remember right. I was told that this would probably be the last class for that exam list.alot of people left the orientaion before it was over myself included it was not the job I thought it was between union issues and there current contract for new hires I decided not to pursue. I must admit I like their sheriff vehicles......typical investigation process...orientation, pt exam 2 weeks to a month later after that you would have to ask someone else but you do have your back ground investigation that will take probably 6 months and you have medical review and psych test, no lie detector with sheriffs department I believe...good luck
      Thanks, i just called them and they dont know when they will get to my list number becasue civil service doesnt know how long the processing for the eligbles that scored in 90 will take. but they did say if they process a next class my list number is next. how many people shoewd up for the orientation? im coming from nyc department of corrections so it will be a similar change for me. i am hoping they do get to my score since the test hasnt been establisehd a full 3 years yet. i am hoping they let me know this spring or early summer since i think usually they go into the academy in october.
      thanks

Comment

I think there was a about 90 people when it started. minus about 10-15 people who left up to the point when I did. They did not say at orientation how many they were hiring but it was probably very small as it not a large dept.....but good luck buddy.. also the 88 band is probably pretty large so there will probably be more people at your orientation than 90 group and they may even have 2 orientations.

Comment

They usually hire about 20 deputies at a time (with 1 academy class per year usually) so they can keep the total number between 250 and 300 .... they are looking at putting a 2nd class of 20ish through the Academy this summer according to what I read in Suffolk Life about 2 weeks ago.

The new sheriff seems to be big on police work so if your lucky maybe they will be hiring more often then usual.

From the little that I know about them they do seem to have alot of specialized units and details:

- 1st District Court Detention and Security
          - prisoner transport
          - civil process service and enforcement
          - evictions
          - warrant service and enforcement
          - county buildings and property security
          - perimeter security of the jail
          - K9 unit
          - marine unit
          - they have a SWAT team but I dont know what its called
          - they have a traffic unit that helps patrol the expressway, Sunrise, etc
          - criminal investigations bureau (detectives)

This is just what I can gather from their website, if I were to believe the rumors on the LI Politics board they also have an aviation unit in the works in addition to a horse mounted unit but I doubt it. LI Politics board rumors are also constantly talking about how they will be taking over the Suffolk County Park Police but that rumor has been out there for years now lol. Deputy sheriffs also help patrol the East End in the summer months and I see them on the community college campus in Brentwood from time to time. Theres really not that much information about them out there, we need someone from that department to join this website lol!

Comment

I'm an 88 on the list as well but I'm not too optimistic. I believe civil service plans on announcing a new test for Deputy Sheriff at some point this year and I'd expect them to want to pick off the new list then dip into the 80's on ours. I also attended a police job funtion in Riverhead afew months ago and they had some deps there getting people to take intrest in the sheriff tests. They claim the Sheriff's Office doesn't like to go below the 90's, but that could also just be because they want you to sign up for the new one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2928 users online. 165 members and 2763 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X