300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wannabeNYPD View Post
    My investigator told me the academy starts July 17th..........all I have left is the mini-med to do
    hey wannabe, i just did my medical today have my written psych for the 20th and jst the 25th...anywho...at the medical today the people there said the tentative hire date is July 9th....it seems like even they don't know when they're hiring?

Comment

ouikik***.............good luck on the psych............prepare for a LONG day!!!.........get rest the nIght before and have breakfast.......or lunch depending on your appointment........JST.......easy, no worries.....the date my investigator told me seemed not right because the class graduates June 27th and I was saying to myself July 17th seemed far.........almost a month later.......the date you said seems right being that every other july class starts around that time.........who knows............I'm sure all we're worried about is that important phone call

Comment

Good luck to all. I went through the entire pre-academy process and passed it all about 2 years ago. Those days over in Rego Park are so drawn out and last forever.

Quick off-topic question. wannabeNYPD, why do you type like that? I'm no one to judge, but it seems to me that using so many periods will actually make typing more difficult and longer to type. Not only that, but its difficult on the readers eyes. Just wondering why you like to type in such a way?

Other than that, I'm sure you all should pass each step without problems. Have fun.

Comment

ouikik***.............good luck on the psych............prepare for a LONG day!!!.........get rest the nIght before and have breakfast.......or lunch depending on your appointment........JST.......easy, no worries.....the date my investigator told me seemed not right because the class graduates June 27th and I was saying to myself July 17th seemed far.........almost a month later.......the date you said seems right being that every other july class starts around that time.........who knows............I'm sure all we're worried about is that important phone call
          if the class graduates the 27th of june, it does not seem right...cause a PO told me that graduation is like always on a tues and the 27th is a weds...arg.

what would be messed up is if they start it on the July 3rd/4th...eww

Comment

a girl in the academy told me they were graduating on the 27th...........at least thats what I thought she said........when I was speaking to her I was in a loud room..........I hope the academy doesnt start on the
            4th......considering we wont have a holiday free for about the next five years.........

Comment

a girl in the academy told me they were graduating on the 27th...........at least thats what I thought she said........when I was speaking to her I was in a loud room..........I hope the academy doesnt start on the
              4th......considering we wont have a holiday free for about the next five years.........
              well that same PO also told me the academy usually starts the same day graduation occurs (cause its usually tues) or if not then the week after.

Comment

PO........makes sense.........guess they are trying to keep corruption out of the departments
                The BI for NYPD is only looking for criminal past and if you have a record, trust me I know many officers who got on with bad credit. The investigation process goes well past graduation from the academy up to 2 yrs.

If they find anything like your home address doesn't make the address you vehicle is registered at then that would be an issue but believe me as long as you don't have felonies then you are good to go.

Comment

Credit Issue

Thanks for all of the responses regarding credit. Its really the only thing negative I have to deal with. I've moved a lot in my life and had a lot of jobs because I'm a gypsy and like the change, but now-a-days that seems to be the norm and doesn't get a bad reaction. From military background checks I also know what kind of stuff the BI investigator likes total honesty about, so I'm not worried about that. And like I said, I've been working on paying off the old bad debts. So, judging by what you all have said, I guess I don't have anything to worry about! Thank you again!

Comment

I had my mini med 5/21. They informed us that the class had indeed been moved up to 7/9 but as with the NYPD nothing is set in stone until they are told to start calling. They said calls would not start until after 7/4. If the class stays set for the 9th the earliest they will prob start calling is the 6th from what I have heard about past classes. They called the oldest test first so if you took any of the 07 tests you prob wont get called until Sunday. Last class people were getting called @ 1 AM to be in Brooklyn @ 7 AM.

From everything Im hearing and reading, the class will be small, and probably only a day tour. Rumors are they will be lucky if they have 800 recruits (1/3 of their goal)

Comment

Originally posted by swax119 View Post
                      I had my mini med 5/21. They informed us that the class had indeed been moved up to 7/9 but as with the NYPD nothing is set in stone until they are told to start calling. They said calls would not start until after 7/4. If the class stays set for the 9th the earliest they will prob start calling is the 6th from what I have heard about past classes. They called the oldest test first so if you took any of the 07 tests you prob wont get called until Sunday. Last class people were getting called @ 1 AM to be in Brooklyn @ 7 AM.

From everything Im hearing and reading, the class will be small, and probably only a day tour. Rumors are they will be lucky if they have 800 recruits (1/3 of their goal)
                      the papers said the same thing, their goal was 2700 and they are only looking at like 800-900 people. Sucks on the date being moved up but whatever it is what it is.

Comment

HAH! so i spoke with my investigator today, she said and i quote, academy is july 17, it was pushed back. i even brought up how at my medical they said july 9th she said it was pushed back, so again no straight answer really

Comment

Hey there again. Well, it's June 16th and I made the move to New York. I'm still at the hostel I arrived at, but found a room to rent on Staten Island where I'll move tomorrow. In 3 and 1/2 hours I'll be taking the written test for the NYPD at Washington Irving H.S. Wish me luck! I'm still hoping they need people enough to rush those of us taking the test today into the July academy, but realistically I'm figuring for January. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3488 users online. 250 members and 3238 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X