300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Academy

My investigator told me the academy starts July 17th..........all I have left is the mini-med to do

Congrats - I'm taking the exam in June. Hopefully they rush me into academy in July, since I keep hearing they're way short of recruits...but who knows. As long as I get in, I don't care if it's July or January.

How did you find the agility/PT test? Hard/easy?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

Hey back to NYC............the agiltiy was easy............just pace yourself you have alot of time i think 4 mins and 30 secs..........I did it in 4 mins and 3 sec (im a female so thats good for me)......... you might get called................i know this girl that took her test in december and she got her background investigation packet as soon as the test was over...........she started her hiring process right away..........she is also school safety...........but i dont think that matters since when you take the test they dont know your status.........the salary is hurting the hiring process............so they are really desperate..........good luck with the test...............I think all you have to do is show up and you pass

Comment

Hey there "Back to NYC". I'm taking the June test as well. It never occurred to me that they might try to hurry anyone into the academy by July. I just figured if everything went perfectly, I'd be in January '08 class. I have a long background check to deal with though - so I'm sure it will take that long!

Comment

Originally posted by RoninDM View Post
          Hey there "Back to NYC". I'm taking the June test as well. It never occurred to me that they might try to hurry anyone into the academy by July. I just figured if everything went perfectly, I'd be in January '08 class. I have a long background check to deal with though - so I'm sure it will take that long!
          actually you don't have to worry about the background check...they run the background check for TWO years...so if they find anything dirty they'll yank you out of the academy...yes it has happened before i have spoken to MANY police officers (i work with a lot of paid details cops daily) and have picked their brains on every aspect of it. i just don't know if you could get your medical and all done in time.

so is it a set date, the academy starts on july 17th? if so that is great, it means i dont have to cancel my vacation on the 8th anyone else can 100% confirm that date...im still going through the medical process and all but should be done by early june

Comment

i spoke to my investigator about a monthe ago and she said it was on the
            17th

Comment

I don't know anything about the July academy... since I was so sure it would take the rest of 2007 to get everything done, I just read that there was a January class and didn't pay attention to the rest. The only thing about my background check that worries me is past bad credit... but its all several years old and I've been working on paying everything off and fixing it. I'm told that if I do that and I'm honest right upfront with the BI investigator that it won't be a problem. Do you know this to be true or not? Thanks!

Comment

Hey all! I just got did my oral psychological today, I am psychologically stable

All thats left is my agility (May 25th) and my mini-medical

Does anyone know exactly what they do at the mini-medical???

Comment

The only agency that I know of that checks your credit is the Port Authority.........I know because I had to actually purchase my credit report......I doubt very strongly that NYPD checks your credit........I know it says it on the booklet but my investigator never mentioned it...........the only things I would worry about is your employment history........arrest (if any) those are not even bad as long as it was 5 years or more ago.....any personal problems like domestic abuse.........NYPD moves the investigations so fast i think it is impossible to do a thorough check..........like ouikik*** said they investigate you for two years after you get hired............if your credit is your only problem.............honestly i would worry........you just hve to get past the psych and the other steps(agility, medical)...........and once you pass that and you are good with your investigator.............you should be fine..........I was on psych review since march of '06 and they didnt mark me qualified until the day before the january back fill class..........which was january 23 2007..........

Comment

How do you know if you're on psych review? Do they tell you? I didn't feel like it went very well (I've never been to a shrink before and I didn't have very good answers for her questions about feelings and stuff), but I haven't heard anything about it in weeks, and my BI didn't mention it. How long does it take to get the results on that?
                    Last edited by Kafziel; 05-01-2007, 08:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

you can ask your investigator..........or if you are allowed to go on with your other steps such as agility or medical then your fine.......but if your not sure ask your investigator............thats how i found out........the doctor called my investigator because i had quit a few jobs without notice in the past and she wasent sure if she wanted to pass me............my investigator had to talk to my current supervisor to make sure that i was performing well on the job............and to find out if she recommeds me to become a police officer........my investigator did it right away then she spoke to the doctor..........but the doctor didnt make her desion until months later........everyones situation is different...........some people are kept on review for a few weeks some are kept on review for a few years.......dont stress yourself out too much the doctors are there to make you nervous

Comment

Well my psych eval was the last thing I did before I went to the BI; I took the agility two days after the first medical. But my BI didn't say it was an issue. I did have to fill out a lot of those forms where you tell your whole life story about everything like my divorce, the fact that I own a rifle (everyone in Orange County has a .22 for crying out loud), why I joined the Marines, etc, etc but I guess so far so good.

Comment

you should be fine..........if you dont want to call your investigator then call the candidate help line and ask them.........sometimes they are nice and will tell you...........but i wouldnt worry......if it was an issue your investiator probably would have told you.......but sometimes they can be behind........i had a friend that missed a class and had to wait for january........her investigator kept telling her she was fine everything was ok and her paperwork was completed for her to just wait on the phone call..........she never got the call.............then a few months later APD contacted her to ask if she was still interested in the job..........she said yes.........then they asked her if she got her drivers license yet........she had it way before the class went in...........come to find out...........her investigator DIDNT put a copy of her license in her file...........so i always say YOU want the job THEY already have the job so YOU have to find out whats going on before its too late..........you getting or not getting the job doesnt affect them one way or the other

Comment

Hey wnt2b..........I was told at the mini they cut your hair for drug testing....women from the head....men if they are bald they shave their legs or arms.......meaning........they are gonna get the hair from SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!...then they do a update on your first medical to see if there are any changes (accidents, medical problems, etc)....then they give you a sheet of paper to let you know where you have to go for the first week when you get called......I think Brooklyn College.......

Comment

PO........makes sense.........guess they are trying to keep corruption out of the departments

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3450 users online. 246 members and 3204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X